What's included at the Steakhouse (from someone who's been there recently)?

iujen94

Question for someone who has recently eaten at the Steakhouse, preferably on Liberty - can you tell me what's included for the $35 price? On the main Carnival website link about the Steakhouse, it says "Your meal includes an appetizer, salad, entrée, side and dessert," but when I go to make a reservation for my booking, the website on the reservations page says: "The fee includes an appetizer, entree, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity" - no mention of salad or side. Can anyone confirm if a salad in particular is included, as well as an appetizer? Thanks!

well, in December we got appetizers, salads, sides, entree and dessert. I think the confusion might be because appetizers and salads (or maybe salads and sides) are all kind of in the same area of the menu? But you can order as many apps/salads/sides/desserts as you want.

You cannot order more than one entree without paying extra.

I remember thinking I had to pick a side or a salad but our waiter said no, order all ya want.

If it's changed since December I don't know.

edit to add - and it was delicious! all of it. Well worth half of what I usually would pay at a local fancy steak house. I'd a paid more but don't tell Carnival that!

Always a good evening and a great meal with outstanding service. I always tip 20% even knowing the $35 PP includes the tip. The gratuity goes to so many workers in the Steak House and it's such a good time I don't think the added 20% is excessive. One added point on the first night of the cruise you get a free bottle of the house wine or 50% off any bottle on their wine list. WE always get 3 bottles and they last us for the cruise.

You can pull up the menu on the website. You will order an appetizer, a salad, an entree and dessert. The menu also lists several sides and I love the wasabi mashed potatoes and their creamed spinach. They will bring bread with various spreads as well as a small nibble presented as "compliments of the chef." All of this is included in the $35 and you will feel like your are going to pop!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Liberty twice in September and twice in November and twice in the Breeze steakhouse last week. We each ordered an appetizer, salad, an entree with 2 sides and a dessert.

Our Favorite steakhouse meal is the Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, 9 oz filet mignon with baked potato and broccoli and the gluten free version of the chocolate sampler chased down with a bottle of Tempranillo/Cab blend.

We ate at the Steakhouse on the Liberty twice in September and twice in November and twice in the Breeze steakhouse last week. We each ordered an appetizer, salad, an entree with 2 sides and a dessert.

Our Favorite steakhouse meal is the Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, 9 oz filet mignon with baked potato and broccoli and the gluten free version of the chocolate sampler chased down with a bottle of Tempranillo/Cab blend.

A tip for those who may be concerned about filling up and not eating all of their entree is to ask to have your salad served after the entree as is the custom in Europe. The staff has always honored this simple request for us. We each have an appetizer and then the entree. Sometimes we eat all our dinner and skip salad and go straight to the best course: dessert but we always have the option for salad ordering this way and never miss a bite of our main course because we filled up on salad.

Have a memorable dinner

Did they let you order the 3 bottles at 50% off? Do they hold it for you or can you bring it back to your room?

Yes, you may order multiple bottles at 50%.

Yes, they will transfer remaining bottles to the MDR.

I believe you may take it back to your room though I have no personal knowledge since I never asked to do this..

Always a good evening and a great meal with outstanding service. I always tip 20% even knowing the $35 PP includes the tip. The gratuity goes to so many workers in the Steak House and it's such a good time I don't think the added 20% is excessive. One added point on the first night of the cruise you get a free bottle of the house wine or 50% off any bottle on their wine list. WE always get 3 bottles and they last us for the cruise.

this is brilliant advice...thanks for the tip

Yes, you may order multiple bottles at 50%.

Yes, they will transfer remaining bottles to the MDR.

I believe you may take it back to your room though I have no personal knowledge since I never asked to do this..

This is a great tip!! I had heard about the 50%off a bottle but thought it was limited to a single bottle. That would be a better value than the wine packages.

A tip for those who may be concerned about filling up and not eating all of their entree is to ask to have your salad served after the entree as is the custom in Europe. The staff has always honored this simple request for us. We each have an appetizer and then the entree. Sometimes we eat all our dinner and skip salad and go straight to the best course: dessert but we always have the option for salad ordering this way and never miss a bite of our main course because we filled up on salad.

Have a memorable dinner

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I appreciate the tip about buying more than one bottle of wine at the 50% discount rate. Never thought about asking about doing so!

Just off Liberty on January 26th; as others have said, an appetizer and a salad can be ordered. I recall my Steward asking if I wanted to order a soup in addition to the escargots. (I had not ordered a salad.) I saw at near-by table that the people ordered an appetizer, soup, and a salad, then their entrees. So, it must be OK to do so, if one has the capacity to eat that much.

2 questions about wine. We will be going to David's on the lst night of our Pride cruise, so will get the free bottle of house wine. Apologies in advance to the wine connisieurs, (sp?) but I drink wine spritzers; about 3/4 wine and 1/4 lemon lime soda and lots of ice. Because of that, I don't need/want to pay for the really good wine. The house wine is fine for me. At home I drink Peter Vella Chablis boxed wine. :rolleyes: Works for me! ;) Anyway, can I have the free bottle of wine AND order bottles of HOUSE wine at 50% off? Or do I have just one option and/or do I have to order the "expensive stuff" to get the 50% off. Sorry to be so complicated! :o:o

2 questions about wine. We will be going to David's on the lst night of our Pride cruise, so will get the free bottle of house wine. Apologies in advance to the wine connisieurs, (sp?) but I drink wine spritzers; about 3/4 wine and 1/4 lemon lime soda and lots of ice. Because of that, I don't need/want to pay for the really good wine. The house wine is fine for me. At home I drink Peter Vella Chablis boxed wine. :rolleyes: Works for me! ;) Anyway, can I have the free bottle of wine AND order bottles of HOUSE wine at 50% off? Or do I have just one option and/or do I have to order the "expensive stuff" to get the 50% off. Sorry to be so complicated! :o:o

Your major question, it seems to me, is are you able to obtain that free bottle of wine during your evening at David's. The answer is yes.

Are you able to order additional bottles of the house wine at the 50% discount rate as well? I don't know the definitive answer to this, but I think you might be able to do so. You will simply have to ask the Maitre d' when you arrive for your dinner? (Or maybe to make it less stressful at that time, visit David's prior to sailing and get your question answered.)

Cruisin Karen, we just got off a B2B on the Magic, ate in the Steakhouse 4 times. The first night of the cruise was our anniversary and we wanted a better bottle of wine. We ordered a nice bottle for 50% off. When we finished our meal the lovely hostess asked us if we would like to take the free bottle back to our cabin. We accepted her generous offer. To the person who said it's it hit or miss in the Steakhouse, We have never had a miss, food, service, presentation, and atmosphere are outstanding.

Your major question, it seems to me, is are you able to obtain that free bottle of wine during your evening at David's. The answer is yes.

Are you able to order additional bottles of the house wine at the 50% discount rate as well? I don't know the definitive answer to this, but I think you might be able to do so. You will simply have to ask the Maitre d' when you arrive for your dinner? (Or maybe to make it less stressful at that time, visit David's prior to sailing and get your question answered.)

Yes, EXACTLY! :D Like I said, sorry to be so complicated! :oAnd yes, if I don't find out the answer before our sailing, I will ask the server either before the cruise or during our dinner.

Cruisin Karen, we just got off a B2B on the Magic, ate in the Steakhouse 4 times. The first night of the cruise was our anniversary and we wanted a better bottle of wine. We ordered a nice bottle for 50% off. When we finished our meal the lovely hostess asked us if we would like to take the free bottle back to our cabin. We accepted her generous offer. To the person who said it's it hit or miss in the Steakhouse, We have never had a miss, food, service, presentation, and atmosphere are outstanding.

I am sure that was an unexpected surprise and it was very thoughtful of your hostess.

I never thought to do this, it's brilliant!! Thanks for the info. We're doing B2B on the Magic in May, can't wait.

:)

Wow. I just learned something new...gratuity is included? We have been to the steakhouse ( at least nine times) and have always tipped at least 20%.

I wonder how much of the $35 the servers actually receive.

I wasn't aware of this either. We also always tip our server.

1st night in the steak house comes with a free bottle of wine automatically.

We've always had a great experience in the steakhouse with the meal and service. We usually go on the first or second night to take advantage of the free bottle of wine. The dessert is a great part of the meal, especially the chocolate sampler. My favorite entree is the cowboy steak, but maybe next time I'm order something different.