What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Does anyone else suffer from terrible impatience and increase their bids periodically? I actually love the cabin I already have booked (Large Balcony - B6) but would REALLY love to get the Haven upgrade. I started pretty low (in the poor range) since there were SO many available (around 36 overall Haven cabins when I started bidding) but as they have been selling I have increased my bid. I am 30 days out from our sail date on the Getaway and have increased our bid already 3 times and am now in the mid fair range for 3 categories and high poor for 1 category. As of today there are only 20 Haven cabins available (of which 11 are in the categories I am bidding on) so I figured I needed to increase my bid. I either need to lose internet for the next 30 days or find some super fun project to take my mind off of this bidding process LOL!

Just remember that the 'current' price on the web has all the 4 perks built into it that dont flow with the bid upgrade for Haven. Discount those costs and pare it down to just the cost of the cabin without what you don't already have in perks.

Everytime I do that I retract my bid.

Just remember that the 'current' price on the web has all the 4 perks built into it that dont flow with the bid upgrade for Haven. Discount those costs and pare it down to just the cost of the cabin without what you don't already have in perks.

Everytime I do that I retract my bid.

Well I already got all 4 perks when I booked ;p and I am still well under the listed price. I wouldn't ever go all the way to the listed price on the web... especially since right now they are offering OBC as well ;)

Well I already got all 4 perks when I booked ;p and I am still well under the listed price. I wouldn't ever go all the way to the listed price on the web... especially since right now they are offering OBC as well ;)

Then you got a great deal, good news for you! I don't think I have ever seen all 4 perks for non-Haven.

Does anyone else suffer from terrible impatience and increase their bids periodically? I actually love the cabin I already have booked (Large Balcony - B6) but would REALLY love to get the Haven upgrade. I started pretty low (in the poor range) since there were SO many available (around 36 overall Haven cabins when I started bidding) but as they have been selling I have increased my bid. I am 30 days out from our sail date on the Getaway and have increased our bid already 3 times and am now in the mid fair range for 3 categories and high poor for 1 category. As of today there are only 20 Haven cabins available (of which 11 are in the categories I am bidding on) so I figured I needed to increase my bid. I either need to lose internet for the next 30 days or find some super fun project to take my mind off of this bidding process LOL!

You sound like me! I think this is exactly what NCL wants you to do. I’ve increased mine a few times and also added a cabin I wasn’t planning on bidding on. As of 2 days ago, there were 18 possible cabins for me to be upgraded to and then the sailing was removed from their website. So now it’s a waiting game. We sail 2/13.

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

We got our bids declined today (Jan 28th Getaway). We bid for the Owners suite in the “strong” range ($1,600pp). We are currently staying in a haven spa suite so we aren’t losing out really (other than saving $3,200). The room was still available as of 7am today so I suspect someone else **really** wanted that room. And so they can have it! We will still love our current room!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO the H3 and H2 on the BA/GA aren't all that great. Don't think you are missing much if only 2 of you.

IMO the H3 and H2 on the BA/GA aren't all that great. Don't think you are missing much if only 2 of you.

I totally disagree. The view from the H3 and H2 being straight forward is amazing. Also the added amenities are nice.

When y’all are saying you bid, for example, $1000pp for an upgrade from balcony to Haven, does that mean an additional $1000pp added on to what you’ve already paid for the balcony?

I believe so, yes. You would pay the amount you had bid pp (x the first 2 people in the stateroom) which is an additional amount that would be charged to your credit card. If the bid is rejected, nothing heppens and you just keep the original room you booked.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We are new to NCL and this upgrade process. Have been reading several of the pages and got the idea so far. How far in advance to they start offering these upgrades? We are booked on the Alaska Bliss and have notice some Haven cabins that were booked are now opening up. Anyone here yet gotten an upgrade offer on the first sailings on the Bliss? thank you

Edited by neffqueen

We are new the NCL and this upgrade process. Have been reading several of the pages and got the idea so far. How far in advance to they start offering these upgrades? We are booked on the Alaska Bliss and have notice some Haven cabins that were booked are now opening up. Anyone here yet gotten and upgrade offer on the first sailings on the Bliss? thank you

80 days before sailing you can bid on upgrades.

We are new to NCL and this upgrade process. Have been reading several of the pages and got the idea so far. How far in advance to they start offering these upgrades? We are booked on the Alaska Bliss and have notice some Haven cabins that were booked are now opening up. Anyone here yet gotten an upgrade offer on the first sailings on the Bliss? thank you

If you check your NCL account about 2 days after final payment, you should see upgrade banner.

Ok we put bids in for two different Haven categories and we are about 60 days from sailing. Today there was a message in the NCL online account stating we could print our edocs now. When Imprint them out they are for the initial cabin we booked. Does this mean none of our bids were accepted as the two categories we bid on now are labeled as sold out on the NCL website?

Ok we put bids in for two different Haven categories and we are about 60 days from sailing. Today there was a message in the NCL online account stating we could print our edocs now. When Imprint them out they are for the initial cabin we booked. Does this mean none of our bids were accepted as the two categories we bid on now are labeled as sold out on the NCL website?

No not at all. You can be notified up until 48 hours before you set sail. In which case you would log back in and print the new cabin edocs that you bid successfully on. Don't worry about the cabins being sold out. The people who have those cabins currently may get upgraded, and then you get upgraded into their cabin

NO, Until your offer has been accepted or denied... DO NOT PRINT YOUR eDOCs. Your bid will either be accepted... at which point your CC will be charged, or... you will receive an email, as I did, that your bid was NOT accepted. The final date is 48 hrs prior to sail date. You may receive an acceptance date anytime prior to that but not after that.

Enjoy your cruise whatever the outcome of your bid.

Hi to all.

This is a great thread and full of helpful comments and ideas. You cant beat experience!!

Help me with this please.

Has anyone ever bid the maximum and had their bid rejected??

Has anyone bid the maximum and then seen the maximum altered upwards??

This bidding is certainly a gamble.......maybe a slot pull is easier to win!!!!

Be great to hear your comments on my questions.

Thanks

Deeko

Hi to all.

This is a great thread and full of helpful comments and ideas. You cant beat experience!!

Thanks

Deeko

Bidding the max and getting rejected is possible because they let you bid on sold out categories. Those categories may never open up if no one cancels so nowhere to upgrade to.

ETA: There are reports that the max is at times more than just upgrading on your own by paying to move to the respective category.

Hi to all.

Thanks

Deeko

With A cruise totally sold out cruise , zero upgrade's, NCL still gain's from ( Data Mining ):evilsmile:

In This is a game the house alway's wins.