What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

where do you get no tips if booking haven? I just booked haven this week and tips are $15.00 a day instead of $13.50 a day

Maybe they meant an old promo code. Im sailing on Sunday in Haven on Getaway and July Haven on Escape and one of my four offers includes pre paid gratuties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe they meant an old promo code. Im sailing on Sunday in Haven on Getaway and July Haven on Escape and one of my four offers includes pre paid gratuties.

I did get promos crossed up - so numbers are off. Hope I didn't cause confusion for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it is worth, I am booked in an aft balcony cabin for the Getaway sailing this Sunday. I bid $800 p/p on a H6- Aft Haven Suite and they did not accept my bid. I did not bid on any other cabins, was only interested in staying in an Aft room. Hope this helps.

Just curious as to why you did not like the H6? Was it just the location?

Definitely the location as compared to being forward or in the Haven area itself. Being nearer too the room from the Haven area would be a much better option for us. Daily soot on balcony furniture was also a disappointment and inconvenience to enjoying the large balcony area. Since spending so little time in the Haven area we never really felt welcomed by the staff as other guests who they would see more often.

I am just reading this, and curious. I didn't receive any option to bid for an upgraded room. My cruise is 4/22/17, I have an inside room. Does everyone get this email to upgrade? I booked through Expedia.

I am just reading this, and curious. I didn't receive any option to bid for an upgraded room. My cruise is 4/22/17, I have an inside room. Does everyone get this email to upgrade? I booked through Expedia.

I saw some posts in another forums where people said they needed to call and get the email. However, I'm not sure what number they called.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on the pearl, which rolls out upsell/upgrade emails in March. I started calling upsell at day 30. I was in an cabin that I got a really good deal on since I started on a cruise that NCL cancelled, so for 4k, I got a SF for 10 days. I wanted to try for an H4, which they had 6 at day 30 to go (however, I was also very okay with what I had). I was quoted 2.5k per person. ( it was currently selling for 6k per person). A savings of 3k for me. I turned them down. Continued to call... it went to 2k, then 1.75k. Then 1.5k, and last offer was 1k. I really wanted 750 per, but I was afraid at 1k it would be snapped up, plus with 12 days to go, I was not sure if they would go lower - I offered the $750 per, but NCL declined my offer. So, for a total of 6k, I think I shall enjoy my new suite...

Edited by Imalismom

I wonder if people who pay full amount in Haven are upset with the new bidding system. Thoughts?

Upsells have been available via telephone (vs. automated bidding). NCL fills the Havens on every cruise with discounted upsells. Nothing new,,, just automated.

I wonder if people who pay full amount in Haven are upset with the new bidding system. Thoughts?

I have two trips booked, both in the Haven. It doesn't bother me others may get a cabin cheaper. I booked mine because I wanted certain cabins on the floors I wanted. I may have saved a bunch by waiting and bidding, but the extra is worth knowing I have my cabins and I know for certain I will be in the Haven

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have two trips booked, both in the Haven. It doesn't bother me others may get a cabin cheaper. I booked mine because I wanted certain cabins on the floors I wanted. I may have saved a bunch by waiting and bidding, but the extra is worth knowing I have my cabins and I know for certain I will be in the Haven

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I feel this way also. I want to be in the Haven and there is no guarantee unless I outright book it. I get as many booking perks and obc as I can and don't look back.

I need help here why is everyone wanting a room in the Haven is it really that good for all that money? I am a single traveler and I enjoyed my mid ship balcony room how could the Haven improve on it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

If you are happy with your balcony cabin, don't even read these posts LOL

I need help here why is everyone wanting a room in the Haven is it really that good for all that money? I am a single traveler and I enjoyed my mid ship balcony room how could the Haven improve on it?

Haven provides a level of service that's a class above the rest of the ship. Within the Haven itself, you are effectively royalty. Between the Butler and Conceirge, they will bend over backwards to accommodate your every request - from in-room dining, to special meal requests at the Haven dining room, first in/first out treatment at shows, embarkation, disembarkation, tendering.

It really is something special. But I think the "general population" experience is pretty good, too, so the deal has to be right to get me in there.

Haven provides a level of service that's a class above the rest of the ship. Within the Haven itself, you are effectively royalty. Between the Butler and Conceirge, they will bend over backwards to accommodate your every request - from in-room dining, to special meal requests at the Haven dining room, first in/first out treatment at shows, embarkation, disembarkation, tendering.

It really is something special. But I think the "general population" experience is pretty good, too, so the deal has to be right to get me in there.

Thank you I think if I was traveling as a couple or family there maybe more value in it for me.

Very sorry I inconvenience you by having you read my post but a question is a question which I am free to ask and you are not required to read.

You took my post the totally wrong way. My point was if you are happy with your room then don't read these posts because you will be lured into the Haven and the expenses of the haven and a balcony will never be good enough again. :evilsmile:

There was no need to jump on me like that.

How long before your cruise did you receive the offer for an upsell from OA to balcony? We are in an OK cabin and would love to upsell to a balcony. Still 40 days until we cruise. Did they send you an email, call you, or did you call the upsell department? Thanks for the info :)

You took my post the totally wrong way. My point was if you are happy with your room then don't read these posts because you will be lured into the Haven and the expenses of the haven and a balcony will never be good enough again. :evilsmile:

There was no need to jump on me like that.

Then I offer you an apology for my reply. Yes I do enjoy the balcony room just trying to find the draw of the Haven and the difference in the experience. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] all is good