Why no love for the Quantum class?

I wish more people felt like you and then maybe the Windjammer in the evening would be more like it was years ago..... quiet and relaxing.

That's the way it was on Brilliance and Rhapsody over the last two weeks. Very enjoyable.

Packing for my 7th cruise on Anthem in a couple of days. I've also been on Quantum 3 times. Love the Quantum Class ships, and I've never had any of the problems that I was reading about. The Music Hall and 270 don't compare to anything on any other ship. There are so many choices for entertainment at night, that I found myself running from one end of the ship to the other to catch another show. I also loved Dynamic Dining and was sorry to see it end. I loved having the choice of 5 different restaurants. (6 When I was in a Junior Suite).

Yes, I am still worried about my booking on the Ovation for 19 Mar 2017.

On seeing all these negative postings my first reaction was to cancel. But folks here advised me not to back out.

It amazes me that in the States when you stay in a hotel there money back guarantees if you are not satisfied for whatever reason.

RCCL is an American company and how is it they can operate their Quantum ships with below 50% satisfaction rate.

Apologies if this has been discussed before ... but I was browsing the ratings of the Royal Caribbean ships here on Cruise Critic, and noticed that all 3 Quantum class ships are the least loved bunch from Royal.

Mariner, Serenade and Freedom are all 80+. And most other Royal offerings are in the 70's. Has there been a consensus here on CC as to why there's no love for the Quantum class?

i-jP3G5JF.jpg

Anthem of the seas - 51% loved it

i-cXKnZC7.jpg

Ovation (41%) and Quantum (46%)

In our case, the "dynamic dining" option killed it when we sailed Anthem. We booked a cruise on a ship that didn't do it at the time so we're booked on Brilliance, but now I realize DD is gone now. Yeah, that killed our idea of going on larger ships from now on. Maybe we will change our minds later. I didn't like the constant badgering from sales staff; we had to avoid the shopping deck entirely. nice cruise but we wanted to return to the smaller ship environment.

Thanks for the insight folks!

So... after doing a lot of reading... of the "terrible" rated reviews... it seems as though the ship itself is beautiful, and the entertainment is good. However, there are problems with food quality, dining options, and lots of general guest service issues.

As well, I've seen lots of complaints about long lines and poor logistics for some of the fun features such as iFly, Northstar etc.

Also, North American guests seem to be having trouble with customer service and even fellow guests... while on Asian itineraries.

Interesting to know. Would love to try Quantum class out... but yes, maybe just needs more time for them to work out all the kinks...

I agree w eel, gaylemh, and cruisincons. We will be sailing Anthem for the second time in March. We also sailed on Quantum. We love this class! We did enjoy DD, but enjoy trad dining too. We prefer the larger ships, some do not. The esplanade is beautiful, as is 270. We have never had a problem with the staffing. Not in the dining rooms or anywhere else. Since the implementation of the drink pkgs , you will not see roaming bartenders. We grab a glass of wine on our way into the dining room :) It is a beautiful ship! Enjoy!