Should I sail Enchantment?

barzm

I've never cruised RCCL, but have numerous times with another cruise line. My Mom wants me to take her on a first cruise. However, my 'go to' line does not have what we are looking for. Any thoughts on this ship? RCCL itself? Feels weird to be 'cheating'! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've never cruised RCCL, but have numerous times with another cruise line. My Mom wants me to take her on a first cruise. However, my 'go to' line does not have what we are looking for. Any thoughts on this ship? RCCL itself? Feels weird to be 'cheating'! Haha

It would help to know what you are looking for.

I have been on 6 different cruise lines. It is not cheating to try something new. How can you talk about something if you have never tried it. I have been on the Enchantment, it is a great ship. If you take the 4 day cruise it will take you to Key West, this is a fun port.

My husband and I went on enchantment for our very first cruise seven years ago and we loved it. Although it's one of the smaller ships we felt that it had everything we were looking for in a cruise and especially loved the solarium. Since that time I've also been on a cruise with carnival cruise line and I would have to say that it was not as nice as the cruise on enchantment with Royal Caribbean. I guess it depends what your regular cruise line is and the types of things you look for in a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enchantment will offer you a wonderful cruising experience without all the bells 'n whistles of the huge ships. At almost 83,000 GRT, she is not small. Just smaller by comparison to the larger classes of ships. Personally, I loved sailing on her.

I just stepped off of the Enchantment on Friday. It was amazing.

The crew were fantastic - they couldn't have been better and you can tell that they really care about their ship and guests. Food varied from very good to excellent. The cruise director and other activity staff were top notch. I loved the ship itself. We've sailed on Vision and Radiance Classes before, so we knew not to expect all of the bells and whistles, but that's one of the reasons we love the small ships. IMO, they offer a better atmosphere than the mega-ships, but that's subjective. The ship was in great shape - go in knowing that she is 20 years old.

It was my first cruise under 7 nights, and honestly, it's going to go down as one of my favorites.

Enchantment is one of my all time favorite ships. Crew is indeed the very

best and will really show you the love.

Miss her dearly, as they took her away from us here in Port Canaveral

last year. Would love to have her back home where she belongs!

Like others have said it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the larger ships but it's still a fantastic ship. My wife and I took her parents last year on Enchantment for their first cruise. They were blown away by it. It was our second time on Enchantment and really love the ship. Our waitstaff in the MDR was the best we've had on any cruise ship. Depending on what you're looking for??? You could also look into Independence, Freedom or Liberty. Personally I loved Liberty the best. Not as big as the Oasis class and has plenty of the bells and whistles that Enchantment doesn't. But if you're looking for a shorter cruise and relaxing and not running around trying to do too much than you will not regret Enchantment.

Thank you so much for all the input. We are looking for a shorter, less expensive sailing. To relax, and show her what I love so much about cruising. She has never traveled! So I don't want to overwhelm her, nor am I a fan of the larger ships. The solarium is what appealed me to the Enchantment, I think she would really love that area. Thank you again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app