Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

In thinking about it I don't see how any portion of an MDR could happen on 5 with 270 up there.

Assuming it's even necessary to have a 3rd deck, what about having MDR space on the port side and middle of deck 5, allowing passage to Two70 on starboard side???!

While we're on the subject; Do we know anything about any possible changes to the ship's length and height... which may allow for movement of some small venues (from deck 5 in that area)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lloyd555

Assuming it's even necessary to have a 3rd deck, what about having MDR space on the port side and middle of deck 5, allowing passage to Two70 on starboard side???!

While we're on the subject; Do we know anything about any possible changes to the ship's length and height... which may allow for movement of some small venues (from deck 5 in that area)

The smaller venues won't make much diff and I don't think Cafe270 would move - that's needed back there.

None of the other classes had any meaningful height/length changes between ships and I don't foresee it either on Spectrum - though the LNG use and associated changes are quite a departure from the three existing ships. The height is specially important as any increase there would limit its ability to get into ports with bridges - don't see how they could add a deck.

I am just thinking out loud here. All speculation. I think that the ship will be fine with and MDR of two decks only. Can they spread the dining area out a bit, forward and aft, on decks 3 and 4? Can the galleys at the aft be smaller than they are on the three sister ships? As for the smaller oval opening at the top of the MDR, it will allow people to look down into it from a non-dining area(?).

Thanks Lloyd for getting us to think outside the box. ;p

Is this the first clue of where Spectrum will be in Asia for some of the time?

Not sure there's much of a question of where she'll be - RCI said it is taking over from Quantum in China. The only thing not known are detailed itineraries, which should be out with the China Phase II releases next month.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am seeing this right, they have slightly altered the areas outlined in blue & yellow? The yellow outlined area - maybe a part of the new All Suite sun deck area? Or not. [emoji4]2f7bc5a0bc7f519adb8550351c9ad248.jpg

d91348d13aa334977a33c0994076db50.jpg

^ I wonder if the Aida ship will go out with it.
Not yet. I read that it will be floated out in August.

Edited by Lloyd555

Not yet. I read that it will be floated out in August.

yes and Aida make at the August, 31th a big party at the meyer werft and name the ship there. At the next day is the music festival with the nova in the background.

i read that they change now the place of the nova in the hall. they put her to the end with the big door, an build the next part of spectrum at the other side. They don´t need to float out the next part of Spectrum when they float out the Nova.