Tour Help

hishorselover

Hi! I am trying to plan out our day (myself, husband and 18 year old son) and am having difficulty. Our ideal day would look like this: Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery, visit Brimstone Hill Fortress, Timothy Hill and either Amazing Grace Experience/Beach/Shopping. I can't find a "tour" that offers all of these. I have contacted Beulah Mills several times and only get a generic email back. Can anyone suggest how to go about making this day happen if it is possible???

Hi! I am trying to plan out our day (myself, husband and 18 year old son) and am having difficulty. Our ideal day would look like this: Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery, visit Brimstone Hill Fortress, Timothy Hill and either Amazing Grace Experience/Beach/Shopping. I can't find a "tour" that offers all of these. I have contacted Beulah Mills several times and only get a generic email back. Can anyone suggest how to go about making this day happen if it is possible???

I would rent a car and do as much as you can. St Kitt is really easy to drive around. My husband and I drove around last year in April 2016 and had a great time. I believe (I could be wrong) you can book the dolphin discovery online and choose your time. Brimstone, you can drive to yourself as well as timothy hill. Amazing grace is near Brimstone. I would visit all of them first, then head to any of the beaches around Carambola (shipwreck...etc...).

I'm in St Kitts 16/4/17 with my partner and have been looking for half/full island tours. There are a number of excursion companies and taxi companies based in St Kitts. Seek them out on the interweb and email them saying where exactly you want to go and ask for a quote. It seems you can book standard tours or specify where you want to go. It seems the issue is that most want to take a minimum of 4 though.

Another idea is to go to the Dolphin Adventure first and have your tour meet you there. There are so many good ones that include beach time at the end. We were supposed to go with Javin (which I wish we had) and he has a nice rainforest tour. My husband and I are going with Poinciana tours next april to climb Mt. Liamuga and then go to the beach. Good luck in whatever you choose. St. Kitts is such a beautiful place to visit.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very weary of using a driver with no website or reviews other than this person that is blasting this board with the same message on every single post promoting this particular driver "Tim". While I"m all for promoting an independent driver through cruisecritic, I raise an eyebrow when all posts are the same message.

Go on to Tripadvisor to find a reputable tour operator that has organized tours. When you read their reviews you will get a better sense of the person doing the tour and what to expect. This is your hard earned money and you want to get the most of your day. You can find a great supply of drivers that will create a tour specific to your needs and wants on Tripadvisor.

Having a kid go to school in St Kitts, I spent lots of time visiting the island. I honestly think you have too much planned for your 1 day in port. If you wanted to do everything on your bucket list I would suggest renting a car as Brimstone/ Amazing Grace is located on the north part of the island and Dolphin/ Timothy Hill is located south of the Port. If you decide to go the driver route then this will be considered a private tour and last time I checked the rate is $30.00 USD per hour, you are looking at spending over $200 USD just in a driver for the day. A car rental is about $65.00 and I believe Avis is right across from the port.

Hope this information helps. St Kitts is a beautiful island and I'm looking at visiting the island again this fall.

I would be very weary of using a driver with no website or reviews other than this person that is blasting this board with the same message on every single post promoting this particular driver "Tim". While I"m all for promoting an independent driver through cruisecritic, I raise an eyebrow when all posts are the same message.

Funny you'd mention this... I've also noticed the same letters "sskb" in "Tim's" email and in the poster's email....:halo:

Funny you'd mention this... I've also noticed the same letters "sskb" in "Tim's" email and in the poster's email....:halo:

If you look at the handle skbbliss26 SKB is the airport code for St Kitts. So, going out on a limb here but I think it's a local driver looking to drum up some business from people on the boards. If you also look at the history, this person does not post on any roll call just in the forum.

Having spent a lot of time on the island while my kid went to school here, the syntax in the writing indicates that this is a local person on the island.

Just my humble opinion.

Last time in St Kitts we did a tour with Rose & Jim taxis (they do have a website). Excellent tour and asked if we wanted to see anything in particular. Rose is from Leeds (UK) and Jim is from St Kitts so they know all the locals and places to visit. We had a great day and then asked to be dropped in the town for a little 'retail therapy'. We finally walked the short way back to the ship.