How many CHIC nights on a 10 night?

Pier290

two on 10 days , lobster on second chic

three on 14 days

According to the web site there are only supposed to be two on cruises of any length over 6 days. Some of the ships have gone rogue or didn't get the memo so who knows what they will do but I would guess two.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Our Jan 2-8 Eclipse cruise had two chic nights. When casually speaking to a photographer one day I commented that I was surprised we had two chic nights on a six night cruise. He indicated they were great revenue makers. For that reason alone I believe they will never go all casual.

What difference does it make? Since they dropped the formal nights, anything other than jeans is considered acceptable (and designer jeans are probably also acceptable!) - whether it is a smart casual or a chic night.

Because there are many that still enjoy dressing formal and that is still an option on 'chic' nights.

Because there are many that still enjoy dressing formal and that is still an option on 'chic' nights.

And I am glad that you still enjoy dressing formal on chic nights. I don't wear a tux or dark suit anymore, but I often wear a sports jacket whether or not it is a chic night.

I was commenting on X-elite's "Two too many!" Since Celebrity's differentiation between chic and smart casual for men's dress code is merely a dress shirt vs. sport shirt; designer jeans vs. regular jeans; and an optional sports jacket - why would anyone care enough to think that two is too many?

"Many" greatly overstates the reality. "Some" would be accurate in English; however, "a few" is more accurate.

While other posters have difficulty understanding that people have different opinions, some cruisers hope that formal wear will eventually be banned or discouraged. My preference, that more mature posters might allow any other poster, is the even more relaxed approach on Azamara. :)

Just off 14 night Eclipse with 3 chic nights. There are only a few guys that still wear tuxedos. After more than a year of no formal nights, the message has finally taken hold. on the 1st chic night, some people dressed up. By the 3rd chic night, it was casual. The message is clear, no formal attire needed. At our table, there was one guy who wore crocs every night. On night #12 chic, he was stopped by the maitr'd and told that he shouldn't wear crocs. He asked why. Response was it was for his " own safety." Absolutely crazy!!! While I don't think MDR dinner time is the place for crocs, the reason stated was nuts.

Wear anything that you want. I'm happy that formal night is gone.

"Many" greatly overstates the reality. "Some" would be accurate in English; however, "a few" is more accurate.

While other posters have difficulty understanding that people have different opinions, some cruisers hope that formal wear will eventually be banned or discouraged. My preference, that more mature posters might allow any other poster, is the even more relaxed approach on Azamara. :)

I was merely stating my own opinion. And, yes, "some" would be more accurate based on the number of passengers.

You can dress formal on any night you like, not just chic night.:)

Very true and I have witnessed passengers dressing formal/chic on smart casual nights. Perhaps, they just got the nights mixed up :D. I just thought maybe the OP was wanting to be prepared, rather than caught off guard, for formal/chic nights because they enjoyed dressing formal.

• 8 months later...
Number of "Evening Chic" Nights

2 - 6 days = 1

7 - 11 days = 2

12 - 15 days = 3

16+ days = 4

Source:

https://www.celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/dining-attire/

I posted the Celebrity US web site in post 6 which clearly states evening chic nights max out at 2 irregardless of the length of the cruise. Celebrity has a history of not updating their foreign web sites as well as they do the US site. Several years ago when they went from three types of dress to two, the old dress code was on the US site for several years after.