Anthem Boarding Day --- Where to go??

I’ve experienced a-half dozen RC cruises in the past (none on the Anthem). One thing I’ve learned is, "DON’T go to the Windjammer buffet upon boarding"; its complete chaos with many cruisers trying to recoup their trip cost with their first meal on board.

After a quick tour of the ship and getting my ‘bearings’, where’s a couple good (quiet) places to get a bite to eat and/or a couple beers before my room is available? Also, are all the bars open upon boarding or just a couple; (I'm trying to recoup the cost of my beverage package:)).

Thanks,

Toasted Gringo

I’ve experienced a-half dozen RC cruises in the past (none on the Anthem). One thing I’ve learned is, "DON’T go to the Windjammer buffet upon boarding"; its complete chaos with many cruisers trying to recoup their trip cost with their first meal on board.

After a quick tour of the ship and getting my ‘bearings’, where’s a couple good (quiet) places to get a bite to eat and/or a couple beers before my room is available? Also, are all the bars open upon boarding or just a couple; (I'm trying to recoup the cost of my beverage package:)).

Thanks,

Toasted Gringo

I haven't been on Anthem yet, but will be in just over 3 weeks. Like you, I plan on seeking out a semi-quiet place to have a bite to eat and a drink or 2. From reading on CC, looks like Solarium Bistro up front, or 270 aft are nice locations for this. I might check out Micheal's Pub, hoping it is not too busy.

dp

Just got off the Anthem. It was one of our best cruises ever. All food was amazing. Depends on your boarding time as to where you may want to go. We ate 270 and had no line. If you go all the way to the back of the Windjammer. Very few people go that far. Boarding and disembarcation were all super easy. When you enter the port and check in your bags, procede to anyone holding an ipad. They will check you in. Don't go to a line, look around, they are everywhere. Enjoy your cruise.

Just got off the Anthem. It was one of our best cruises ever. All food was amazing. Depends on your boarding time as to where you may want to go. We ate 270 and had no line. If you go all the way to the back of the Windjammer. Very few people go that far. Boarding and disembarcation were all super easy. When you enter the port and check in your bags, procede to anyone holding an ipad. They will check you in. Don't go to a line, look around, they are everywhere. Enjoy your cruise.

if you arent already posting a review, id love to hear more about the food.

no line for any restaurant sounds good so will keep two70 in mind. glad to hear boarding was ez. i hate the NYC chaos. that check in sounds waaay too easy. i hope it would be that way for me.

That good information to know. We leave on the Anthem the end of this month. Thanks!

Once you check have checked in with the person with the tablet do they give you a boarding group number - or some other method of knowing when you can board?

After you r checked in you get your bag w-rayed and walk thru to ship, 1,2,3, very easy.

you are kidding. there's not a number system where you must wait for them to call your number and be herded in the terminal while you wait then the crowd to get up the gangway

if you arent already posting a review, id love to hear more about the food.

no line for any restaurant sounds good so will keep two70 in mind. glad to hear boarding was ez. i hate the NYC chaos. that check in sounds waaay too easy. i hope it would be that way for me.

270 had great "lighter fare" food. Solarium had odd hours, so other than grabbing a cookie, we didn't eat there. The Windjammer was the best we have ever experienced. The only bad thing is the passengers. They walk in all directions and are unpredictable. Wonderland was incredible, but waaaay too much food. The experience is not to be missed. I highly suggest the BOGO you can purchase online before you board. It's a too good to be true deal. We fine tuned our reservations once we boarded. Our second night was Chops and that was also delicious and too much food. The main dining room also did not disappoint. Most things were perfectly prepared. If you like french onion soup, it was better on this ship than any other ship. Pizza was pretty good, but the location was perfect for popping back onto the ship while in port and then hopping off again. It was on deck 4 and gangway on deck 2. I'll try to check back to see if anyone else has questions, but I'm leaving on another trip in a couple of days... Valentines Day in Paris...

270 had great "lighter fare" food. Solarium had odd hours, so other than grabbing a cookie, we didn't eat there. The Windjammer was the best we have ever experienced. The only bad thing is the passengers. They walk in all directions and are unpredictable. Wonderland was incredible, but waaaay too much food. The experience is not to be missed. I highly suggest the BOGO you can purchase online before you board. It's a too good to be true deal. We fine tuned our reservations once we boarded. Our second night was Chops and that was also delicious and too much food. The main dining room also did not disappoint. Most things were perfectly prepared. If you like french onion soup, it was better on this ship than any other ship. Pizza was pretty good, but the location was perfect for popping back onto the ship while in port and then hopping off again. It was on deck 4 and gangway on deck 2. I'll try to check back to see if anyone else has questions, but I'm leaving on another trip in a couple of days... Valentines Day in Paris...

this is all great info! i took a cursory look at wonderland and im not sure id like all the food but i guess cant hurt to try it. passengers are unpredictable at every buffet. from the pics i saw online its a much better setup than the breakaway which is just a big long line. it juts out and its nuts. and narrow walkway relative to number of people.

what is the bogo deal?

is it true you must use a specialty the 1st two nites?

So what is the earliest that they board on Anthem out of Bayonne, NJ? We are sailing to the Bahamas on a 7-day this March.

I would say between 10:30 and 11am. I walked right on board a few minutes after 11. Was seated at solarium bistro with my first drink looking at lady liberty before noon.

270 can vary more people are learning to walk after and avoid the stairs and elevators after boarding.

Despite the mandatory hand washing entrance at Windjammer, I observed a number of people walking through and not doing it throughout the cruise, tsk tsk. In comparison, on DCL, they give you a hand-wipe and watch you use it. The more dirty hands touch tongs and surfaces, the easier to catch a bug. Hand hygiene people, it's basic in schools/hospitals/public spaces like cruises!

Waiting for our room, we went to 270 which was a bit more controlled with servers handing out food, and there is an informative video on the big screen. It's also a beautiful view anywhere you sit as the aft is lined with floor to ceiling windows.