Fit Bit Charge2 syncing issues on Anthem.

Fit Bit Charge2 syncing issues on Anthem. Could not sync with my phone. However, once we got to the airport, I tried again and it worked. We had the internet package, but because the ship has so many high tech things going on, my blutooth wouldn't work. It also messed with my husband's Apple watch... Just a heads up.

Did you cycle your phone in airplane mode? It could just be a coincidence that it happened on the ship - there's nothing on there that should interfere with BT. Everyone should try using WiFi only before they get to the ship to ensure all their stuff works that way.

Interesting.... we're still debating on if we're going to bring our fitbits or not, or just leave them home (not sure if we want tan lines).

Your post convinced me to definitely leave my Apple Watch at home! (I was on the fence about that too :))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most of these devices can charge without syncing and can hold data for a time. Check with your manufacturer. If you are in a port or place that has wifi during your cruise, you can sync there. No need to sync daily or on board ship, where connections are indeed slow as they depend upon satellite service.

My Charge2 synced fine on the Anthem.

I put my phone in airplane mode and then turned both the wifi and Bluetooth back on.

Some may not realize that Airplane mode turns everything off and need to turn them on individually.

Fitbits won't sync unless you are connected to the Fitbit server. This is a design flaw that many have complained about. You can see a lot of comments about this at https://community.fitbit.com/ and search on "Sync Clock and Alarm using Bluetooth only".

I have a Fitbit Blaze which is a smartwatch. If I don't have an internet connection either via wifi or Verizon data services then I can't sync the fitbit. What is worse, I can't change the time! Who ever heard of a watch where you can't change the time. Makes it pretty useless when traveling to Europe or going on cruises with a lot of time zone changes.

Fitbits won't sync unless you are connected to the Fitbit server. This is a design flaw that many have complained about. You can see a lot of comments about this at https://community.fitbit.com/ and search on "Sync Clock and Alarm using Bluetooth only".

I have a Fitbit Blaze which is a smartwatch. If I don't have an internet connection either via wifi or Verizon data services then I can't sync the fitbit. What is worse, I can't change the time! Who ever heard of a watch where you can't change the time. Makes it pretty useless when traveling to Europe or going on cruises with a lot of time zone changes.

I'm not aware of any fitness tracker that can sync without internet access.

Great thing about Europe, free wifi is just about every where.