anybody hung a hammock on their balcony?

one9marine

Hi All,

Hubby fell in love with this idea and we've got a hammock all set for Freedom of the Seas in Nov.   Hopefully someone could give us a quick answer to this question---

What size C- clamps are being used?   Hubby pulled a set of 7 inch c-clamps that weight 3.25 lbs each-  I swear the luggage shuddered at that thought of them and no way I want to try and get them thru on carry on.

If that's the right size, I'll suck it up and lose a few other items to make it work but they just seems a tad bit excessive to me~

M.

Edited by flechette

3 hours ago, flechette said:

Hi All,

Hubby fell in love with this idea and we've got a hammock all set for Freedom of the Seas in Nov.   Hopefully someone could give us a quick answer to this question---

What size C- clamps are being used?   Hubby pulled a set of 7 inch c-clamps that weight 3.25 lbs each-  I swear the luggage shuddered at that thought of them and no way I want to try and get them thru on carry on.

If that's the right size, I'll suck it up and lose a few other items to make it work but they just seems a tad bit excessive to me~

M.

Defininte overkill.  I think the clamps I used were about 4” and weighed less than a pound.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Defininte overkill.  I think the clamps I used were about 4” and weighed less than a pound.

Many Thanks!

I doubt it will be a hardship to go buy new ones, and I appreciate hubby was trying to avoid spending $$  if it wasn’t necessary but 6.5 lbs in metal clamps was a bit much 🤣

M.

Has anyone successfully hung one of these on an oasis class 2 bedroom aquatheater suite balcony? (Specifically Allure - 9730 if by random chance, though many of them are quite similar). I know theres obviously PLENTY of space for it, just trying to figure out what to tie off to (or to place clamps if necessary)/maybe there'd even be room for 2?

Thanks!