MSC Seaside / Seaview - Yacht Club - Inside Cabin

Captain Noodles

Not sure what the prices are elsewhere but on the MSC UK website the price for 14 nights on the Seaside leaving 20th Oct 2018 in an Inside YC is £1,869 and £3,269 for a Deluxe YC. £1,400 is a lot of money just for a balcony ?

My TA is confirming with her contact at MSC. Will let you know once I have a response.

The New 2018/19 brochure does not make mention of no butler service for Inside cabins, with regard to drinks it also says "Unlimited drinks in all YC venues and from the mini bar" plus "Complimentary beverage selection in all onboard bars and restaurants" (according to the drink selections available in the different venues)

The 2016/17 brochure says Complimentary beverages in all YC Venues.

Also posted on the other thread. My TA confirmed with MSC that Inside YC cabins have access to all the benefits of the YC.

I hope so! DW and I have one booked on SeaSide, and another booked on SeaView. I've considered booking on MV, but haven't done it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
"Unlimited drinks in all YC venues and from the mini bar" plus "Complimentary beverage selection in all onboard bars and restaurants" (according to the drink selections available in the different venues)
Does complimentary beverage selection in all on board bars and restaurants imply an open bar concept that includes alcoholic beverages ship wide or possibly just a limited list? Talk about confusion. It would be great not to have to buy the drink voucher coupons when imbibing outside of the YC area. :D

I have an inside in the Yacht club booked on the Seaside for Jan 13th, 2018 and am going with two other couples who have the usual Yacht Club suites. I'll let you know how my experience differs from theirs. The only other time I had a butler we never used him. Bob

I have an inside in the Yacht club booked on the Seaside for Jan 13th, 2018 and am going with two other couples who have the usual Yacht Club suites. I'll let you know how my experience differs from theirs. The only other time I had a butler we never used him. Bob

I will be looking forward to you getting back with us here Bob. I have an inside YC on Jan.27, not sure if the butler would make a difference or not........

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone......just found this on the MSC website. It sounds like YC INTERIOR cabin guests DO receive the privilege of a 24 hour butler. I made the lettering bold.....scroll down to see it. Hope this helps :)

MSC Yacht Club Interior Suite Queen bed,* spacious wardrobe, bathroom with shower, and sitting area Air conditioning, interactive LCD TV, telephone, espresso-type machine, mini bar and safe Surface approximately 226 sq. ft. Accomodates up to 2 guests Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee) *Queen bed can be converted to two single beds on request. Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category). MSC Yacht Club The elite cruise for exclusive travel Each of these elegant suites is fitted with Myform Memory ergonomic mattresses, a choice of Dorelan pillows for your personal comfort, Egyptian cotton bathrobes and bedding by Italian company Mascioni, lavish marble bathrooms with shower or bath, fully stocked mini bar, and exclusive goodnight chocolates by Venchi. Royal Suites boast the additional luxury of a private whirlpool tub on the balcony. PRIVILEGES Dedicated priority check-in and check-out Dedicated concierge and butler service available 24-hours-a-day Room service available 24-hours-a-day (delivery is free) Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers) Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club venues, including the mini-bar in your suite, and complimentary beverage selection in all onboard bars and restaurants (according to the drink selection available in the different venues) Free Thermal Suite MSC Voyagers Club points to earn discounts on next cruise and other benefits EXCLUSIVITY Lavishly fitted suites with ergonomic mattresses, fine sheets, pillow menu, marble bathroom, interactive LCD TV, and ample mini-bar All-inclusive breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the private MSC Yacht Club restaurants Free time dining at dedicated restaurant Entry to exclusive areas: "The One Sun Deck" and "Top Sail Lounge" WORLD OF CHOICE Access to all ship's amenities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools...) Premium 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every moment of the day) Varied program of Broadway-style theater shows available almost every day Entertainment activities for adults, children, and infants (dedicated Clubs) Recreational activities for children: foreign language learning games and Doremi Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability) Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking track, Basketball...) Extremely well-equipped gym with panoramic view

Tipping is a definite, but I wonder if it would be just as good without tipping.......I know a lot of people complain that their butler did nothing.....interesting

Of course you get the same as everyone else in YC. Pre pay tipping is the easiest and then tip extra IF needed. Don't over complicate it. Enjoy your cruise.

The Butler does a lot, you just don't see him/her or the room stewards, that's there job really, when your out of your room they go in and do their stuff. I don't want them in my face but if I need them I'll call ANY butler and ask for whatever I need/want and it is done.

• 6 months later...
We have one booked for June 2018' date=' and all the inside rooms were available at time of booking a few weeks ago for Seaside. The YC pricing for the inside was cheaper than an Aurea suite. It will be our first inside cabin, but the perks of the YC will more than make up for the balcony lose. If you can book one, go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked an inside YC on seaside on June 16, 2018 sailing (they only have 2 left). We gave up a balcony standard room with Aurea....hope we made the right decision. Not sure what sailing you are on

We just booked an inside YC on seaside on June 16, 2018 sailing (they only have 2 left). We gave up a balcony standard room with Aurea....hope we made the right decision. Not sure what sailing you are on

you made the right decision, as i did the same thing and have my first Inside YC!

Just returned from SEASIDE on Saturday in a YC inside. I have TONS of photos to label and upload. Almost a thousand.

Overall had a great time and loved the ship. Really only two complaints. Storage space in the cabin (this goes for all standard cabins- inside, outside, balcony, and YC Inside) is very limited. Just the closet. No other shelves or cubby holes. Clearly there was space for it but they didn't include it for whatever reason. Secondly we found the food to be hit or miss. Steaks, pasta, and deserts were wonderful. Everything else so-so. Nothing horrible but just not great.

Service was fantastic and so was entertainment. I also loved the ship. The layout, design, open deck space, etc.

The YC experience I would rate above NCL's Haven except for the food. Overall it was exceptional.

Lastly the YC inside cabins are a bit larger than the standard insides. In fact there is a good bit of floor space and plenty of room for a small sofa but unfortunately there is only one chair and a table. I did compare it with a standard inside on disembarkation morning when all the cabin doors were open. Bathrooms are essentially no different, with the exception nicer towel racks and towels, upgraded toiletries, and additional rain shower type shower head, a magnifying mirror, and the floor tile was square instead of rectangle.

I'll add bedding was fantastic. A wonderful Italian mattress with mattress pad and high quality linens. Great pillows too! I slept very well. The cabin was super quiet as well.

Hi, Ernie,

I was wondering if you were back yet.

Eagerly waiting for your review.:D

It's going to be little bit. So many pictures to upload and I like to include a pictures link with the review. I still have 600 pics from a HARMONY OF THE SEAS cruise a couple months ago as well, plus a couple hundred from BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS last month. I'm getting way behind. I'll probably do SEASIDE first, while it's fresh in my mind. Those other cruises are already a distant memory. LOL

PLEASE BE ADVISED. YC Inside cabins have butler service included no different from YC Balcony. We have just returned from YC . We were a group f 12 pax in both YC Balconies and YC Insides. All had the same butler service.

No Difference! The speculation above is not true!

PLEASE BE ADVISED. YC Inside cabins have butler service included no different from YC Balcony. We have just returned from YC . We were a group f 12 pax in both YC Balconies and YC Insides. All had the same butler service.

No Difference! The speculation above is not true!

Hi. Did you enjoy your cruise? Have you ever done Haven? How would you say it compares?

Just returned from SEASIDE on Saturday in a YC inside. I have TONS of photos to label and upload. Almost a thousand.

Overall had a great time and loved the ship. Really only two complaints. Storage space in the cabin (this goes for all standard cabins- inside, outside, balcony, and YC Inside) is very limited. Just the closet. No other shelves or cubby holes. Clearly there was space for it but they didn't include it for whatever reason. Secondly we found the food to be hit or miss. Steaks, pasta, and deserts were wonderful. Everything else so-so. Nothing horrible but just not great.

Service was fantastic and so was entertainment. I also loved the ship. The layout, design, open deck space, etc.

The YC experience I would rate above NCL's Haven except for the food. Overall it was exceptional.

Lastly the YC inside cabins are a bit larger than the standard insides. In fact there is a good bit of floor space and plenty of room for a small sofa but unfortunately there is only one chair and a table. I did compare it with a standard inside on disembarkation morning when all the cabin doors were open. Bathrooms are essentially no different, with the exception nicer towel racks and towels, upgraded toiletries, and additional rain shower type shower head, a magnifying mirror, and the floor tile was square instead of rectangle.

I'll add bedding was fantastic. A wonderful Italian mattress with mattress pad and high quality linens. Great pillows too! I slept very well. The cabin was super quiet as well.

Hi Ernie, glad you had a good cruise. For some reason I thought we were on the same week and I looked for you but I guess you were getting on as I was leaving. I Loved the Yacht Club and didn't miss a balcony. The bathroom space and storage in the closet were exactly the same as I had the week before in a Fantastica balcony cabin. And once we left the cabin we were treated just like any other Yacht Club guest and it was a wonderful experience. I'm glad we did it but will probably go back to a normal balcony cabin for our next cruise, most likely an 11 day on the Divina. Bob

Hi. Did you enjoy your cruise? Have you ever done Haven? How would you say it compares?

We had the most wonderful time in YC. No have not done Haven. Have done suites on both Holland America and Royal Caribbean and just my personal opinion YC is our choice.

Hi Ernie, glad you had a good cruise. For some reason I thought we were on the same week and I looked for you but I guess you were getting on as I was leaving. I Loved the Yacht Club and didn't miss a balcony. The bathroom space and storage in the closet were exactly the same as I had the week before in a Fantastica balcony cabin. And once we left the cabin we were treated just like any other Yacht Club guest and it was a wonderful experience. I'm glad we did it but will probably go back to a normal balcony cabin for our next cruise, most likely an 11 day on the Divina. Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry we missed each other. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. We sure did. Of course it would have been nice to have a balcony or even a window, but we were quite content in our inside YC. Treated so well by everyone and made to feel very special.

Hope to someday meet you on the high seas!

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this room type or if it is new to the Seaside and Seaview ships ? . There is a massive increase in price between the Inside YC and Deluxe Yacht Club cabins, so just trying to decide if it is worth the additional cost. My wife and I have never cruised before and a balcony cabin does appeal but I presume there will be lots of space and seating options in the Yacht Club itself ? I've read great things about the Yacht Club experience with MSC and would love to try it especially on one of these new ships

One potential problem is that there doesn't appear to be many cabins with an accessible shower. Do people find the shower over the bath difficult to get in and out of ? My wife has MS which makes it difficult for her to get in and out of a bath.

Many thanks

I noticed that there is an Handicap cabin (with an accessible shower) available for our March 24th sailing on the Seaside. It's a YC inside. (18026).

Enjoy!

Kel:D