Internet on the Gem

nycfa

We are traveling on the Gem in April and I know there are unlimited internet packages (very $$) and I really don't need all that....I just want to be able to check in online once a day or so?

Can you buy minutes? or is it only unlimited?

And yes, I would LOVE to totally disconnect it's work related....so necessary to keep somewhat in touch.

We are traveling on the Gem in April and I know there are unlimited internet packages (very $$) and I really don't need all that....I just want to be able to check in online once a day or so?

Can you buy minutes? or is it only unlimited?

And yes, I would LOVE to totally disconnect it's work related....so necessary to keep somewhat in touch.

You can do pay as you go. I know I did when I just needed to go on the computer for a few minutes. Can't remember the cost though.

On the jade recently I didn't want the whole 100 minute package so I just did 'pay as you go'. It was a $4 fee to activate your account and then $1 per minute. They had a spending limit setting where you could keep you from going over a certain amount. I picked $25 and was able to connect a handful of times to check iMessages and email for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dexddd you are saying the internet worked poorly on the Gem?

Yes, it stunk. Used same computer on Spirit a year earlier and no real problems. Also used cell phone to call back home and that was sketchy too.

Another poster was on same trip and had problems using both his tablet and the computers in the ship computer area.

It even crashed one day so anything that relied on contact to Miami wasn't working for awhile. They actually made an announcement over the speakers that they were working on it.