Funniest/Favorite Captain

Capt. Stig Nilson by far. Years ago when we sailed Serenade on the southern Caribbean route out of San Juan he gave us the best tour of the region. After departing St. Lucia to return to San Juan we sailed to the Pitons where Serenade got in the center between the to, did a 360 turn and then settled in for about 45 minutes so we could all watch an amazing sunset after which we continued the cruise.

On the way back to San Juan he gave a brief history of each of the islands that we sailed by as well as giving us a close up view of the volcanic destruction on Montserrat. To this day I will never forget how much he directly impacted that voyage. He made that cruise very special.

After 20+ cruises with RCI I can't or don't care to (remember the names of any one onboard)...but something about Cpt. Selvag on our Radiance cruise just stood out and then again on our Oasis cruise.

I agree wholeheartedly! Our favorite so far. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Captain Rick Sullivan. Hands down. He was on Explorer in 2014 and is the only captain I remember. He was everywhere on the ship. Stopping by our table in Portofino. Singing with the rock band. Riding around the bridge on his scooter (did the behind the scenes tour). The crew loved him! One of the best examples of a commander I've met (including years of actual military service); he knew his people, they knew him, and the team just worked. AND he was a blast for the passengers.

Captain Srecko is amazing. He's very personable. He's always out and about and has a great sense of humor. He truly loves being among the guests and he runs an awesome ship. You can definitely tell the crew respects him.

Yes to all the above, and the utter crap he had to endure and unbelievable schedule he had to Maintain through the first few

Months of Quantum he got through with class and professionalism.... And was still visible every single day all over the ship and made time to visit both DL and CL every night

Honourable mention to Capt Sindre on Radiance.

LOVED Captain Johnny on Allure. We also really enjoyed Captain Gus on Harmony.

I can't remember much about Captain Per from Oasis, but I have watched a video of him from Mariner, and he seemed pretty funny, so I guess Oasis Class gets the best ones.

I also liked Captain Henrik Loy from Explorer, glad to hear that he has been given Ovation.

Had Captain Anders Ingebrigsten on EN and SR. Seems a nice guy, great and experienced captain, but isn't one of those one who has much of an impact.

Did Indy 3 times and had both Captain Teo and Captain Remo. I can't remember anything, and neither are with the company anymore.

Can't remember who it was on Jewel.

Was not impressed with Captain Erik Standahl on Anthem; seemed to be going through the motions in his announcements, not visible around ship, no Captain's Corner.

However, he did handle the tragic situation well at the beginning of our cruise, and still managed to get us to Bermuda.

You can definitely trust that a captain who works for Royal can do their job very well, just some are funner and more personable than others.

It's very easy to obtain this information as there is typically an Officers and Staff Onboard information sheet left in your cabin. If this is not left in your cabin it's available near the customer service desk usually right beside the daily planner Cruise Compass.

Also the master of the ship identifies them selves at their daily noon public addresses and the CD does likewise at the shows and in their public announcements.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403512&d=1486793194

Maybe I wan't really clear. I have no desire to know who the captain is. All I care about is that he is qualified to run the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For all of the cruises we have been on and during each cruise we didn't have the slightest idea who was the Captain and/or Cruise Director nor do we care; up to this point they all have been wonderful for everyone of our trips have been great.