Funniest/Favorite Captain

I was just reading the thread about everyone's favorite CD, so I thought I'd start one about the Captains. If this has already been done, please apologise. I am on tapatalk and I have no idea if there is even a search function.

Who is the funniest or your favorite Captain?

I'll have to pick Rob Hempstead, because he was so funny and frackec me up quite often, with Captain Trym coming in a very very close second. And since I know Captain Johnny will probably come up, I'll have to mention I did sail with him, but he was not my cup of tea [emoji33]

Cindy

I was just reading the thread about everyone's favorite CD, so I thought I'd start one about the Captains. If this has already been done, please apologise. I am on tapatalk and I have no idea if there is even a search function.

Who is the funniest or your favorite Captain?

I'll have to pick Rob Hempstead, because he was so funny and frackec me up quite often, with Captain Trym coming in a very very close second. And since I know Captain Johnny will probably come up, I'll have to mention I did sail with him, but he was not my cup of tea [emoji33]

Cindy

Cindy - saw your screen name and wanted to say hello. I still talk about running into you at the Orlando Outlet Mall several years ago when you came over this way to sail on the Freedom. Hope to sail with you one day.

Captain Johnny. He seemed like a real person. And we loved seeing him on his yellow motorcycle leaving the ship. We talked to our wonderful Oasis room attendant. He had been with Royal for years, and remembered him from before he became a captain. It has been a long time since we sailed with him on Mariner out of Canaveral.

I agree that Captain Johnny was lots of fun. We saw him around lots and he was engaging and friendly. First time I had seen a captain riding his motorcycle onboard. I believe that he is on Harmony at this time. I do like Captains with a sense of humor to go along with their other Captain skills.

Cindy - saw your screen name and wanted to say hello. I still talk about running into you at the Orlando Outlet Mall several years ago when you came over this way to sail on the Freedom. Hope to sail with you one day.

I still think about it too when I see you name. Be careful, because you might run into me again in April. Would love to sail with you some day too [emoji3]

Cindy

We sailed in a GS on the Vision back in 2015 and got to do several events with Captain Marek. Super nice guy. Young, personable, present and approachable all over the ship. He participated in several of the events and even sang in the Centrum on multiple occasions. Not sure if/where he's still sailing, but we thought he was great.

Dan.

I found Capt. Henrik Soremsen who was the master on our last two Anthem cruises to be super entertaining and extremely friendly. His reports were very informative and often started out with appropriate music like Le Marsellaise when coming on the public address system to welcome us to Martinique and provide port stop information. He often visited the loyalty lounges and was very approachable at all time when about the ship. On both of these cruises' return to Port Liberty in Bayonne the ship had to avoid rough seas weather that he detailed well in his reports on the ship's TV channel and what was being done to provide the best conditions for our return trip.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403510&d=1486791721

attachment.php?attachmentid=403511&d=1486791721

P1202857.jpg.e27180e8d523873de0e0ec06456308e9.jpg

P3161899.jpg.dcba76f2fbd974245ab8d52bb0435ee6.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I cannot believe people actually learn the names of the ship captains...

I could not tell you who any of the captains were on my cruises and I only found out one CD's name because I walked beside him on the walk for wishes.

It's very easy to obtain this information as there is typically an Officers and Staff Onboard information sheet left in your cabin. If this is not left in your cabin it's available near the customer service desk usually right beside the daily planner Cruise Compass.

Also the master of the ship identifies them selves at their daily noon public addresses and the CD does likewise at the shows and in their public announcements.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403512&d=1486793194

DSCF0326.jpg.acb667aae0f6a592d923703e531456ea.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Captain Espen. He's very friendly and very personable. He's also a fellow pilot. He invited us to dine with him at his table and it was very nice to be able to talk airplanes with him. He truly made our Freedom cruise awesome!

Captain Srecko is amazing. He's very personable. He's always out and about and has a great sense of humor. He truly loves being among the guests and he runs an awesome ship. You can definitely tell the crew respects him.

I cannot believe people actually learn the names of the ship captains...

After 20+ cruises with RCI I can't or don't care to (remember the names of any one onboard)...but something about Cpt. Selvag on our Radiance cruise just stood out and then again on our Oasis cruise.

After 20+ cruises with RCI I can't or don't care to (remember the names of any one onboard)...but something about Cpt. Selvag on our Radiance cruise just stood out and then again on our Oasis cruise.

I agree that he stood out on Radiance too. I don't know why, but he reminds me of a viking [emoji16]

Cindy

Capt Rob and Johnny. Was not impressed with Capt Marek. He was a little too impressed with himself plus we saw some behavior that from appearances was unbecoming of an officer which left us with a bad impression. We also liked Capt Olav who has since retired. He was very much what a Capt should be.

Exactly.

However, the most memorable Capt. I recall was on the Carnival Miracle 2007.

A younger good looking guy (40's), had his wife & toddler onboard that week.

At Grand Turk on the beach, my son(about 3) went over and started playing with some other kid and his sand toys.

We went to bring him back but the dad said it was ok and shared them us.

After a while of watching, I realized it was the Capt. and his family, they were very nice.

They were mixed in with all the passengers, and nobody else seemed to know.

I figured it out because he was wearing a "Speedo"......