D+ specialty dining bogo and cruise planner specialty dining bogo

LidoBoy

First D+ cruise and I am aware that D+ benefits include a specialty dining bogo. I also purchased the bogo on the cruise planner.

Do these two offers conflict with each other as I thought the deals require that I use one of the dinners on the first night? I'm prepared to eat in a specialty restaurant the first night, but would like the freedom to select any nights for the other three dinners.

First D+ cruise and I am aware that D+ benefits include a specialty dining bogo. I also purchased the bogo on the cruise planner.

Do these two offers conflict with each other as I thought the deals require that I use one of the dinners on the first night? I'm prepared to eat in a specialty restaurant the first night, but would like the freedom to select any nights for the other three dinners.

On our most recent few cruises the D+ BOGO was restricted to days 1 & 2 (a departure from a number of previous cruises). As a result we wait until we are on board to make those reservations then also typically purchase any other specialty restaurant packages on board to avoid reservation conflicts or concerns. We've never had any issue booking the nights and times we wanted in doing it that way.

If you've already purchased a dining package I would just leave nights 1 & 2 open on your planner for the D+ BOGO and book those on board day 1.

On our most recent few cruises the D+ BOGO was restricted to days 1 & 2 (a departure from a number of previous cruises). As a result we wait until we are on board to make those reservations then also typically purchase any other specialty restaurant packages on board to avoid reservation conflicts or concerns. We've never had any issue booking the nights and times we wanted in doing it that way.

If you've already purchased a dining package I would just leave nights 1 & 2 open on your planner for the D+ BOGO and book those on board day 1.

Thanks LeaveItAllBehind. Hope to see you aboard and don't disappoint me by telling me you are not coming. :) :D

Thanks LeaveItAllBehind. Hope to see you aboard and don't disappoint me by telling me you are not coming. :) :D

No one is more disappointed than us. We did try a couple of weeks ago to get Tami's time off OK'd for the cruise but it was denied. So unfortunately we won't be there. And as much as I would like to figure out a solo deal, that won't be happening either! So the FDP reigns are firmly in your hand - enjoy! :D

I'm not sure what package you have already purchased through the cruise planner as you mentioned BOGO but you also mentioned 3 other dinners.

If you purchased the BOGO dinner package then both of those meals must be used on night 1 and 2 in which case you would not be able to use your D+ BOGO coupons as those are only valid on nights 1 and 2.

If you purchased a 3, 4 or 5 night dining package that will require your first reservation to be used on night 1 or 2 therefore leaving the other night free to use one of your D+ BOGO coupons. You may choose your other nights for the remaining reservations.

I'm not sure what package you have already purchased through the cruise planner as you mentioned BOGO but you also mentioned 3 other dinners.

If you purchased the BOGO dinner package then both of those meals must be used on night 1 and 2 in which case you would not be able to use your D+ BOGO coupons as those are only valid on nights 1 and 2.

If you purchased a 3, 4 or 5 night dining package that will require your first reservation to be used on night 1 or 2 therefore leaving the other night free to use one of your D+ BOGO coupons. You may choose your other nights for the remaining reservations.

Ken, re-reading Tom's OP the pre-purchased dining packages could pose a night 1 & 2 conflict with the D+ BOGO. They could cancel the dining package, though, couldn't they and repurchase a dining package for the desired remaining nights on board? Might not offer the same BOGO, however.

Ken, re-reading Tom's OP the pre-purchased dining packages could pose a night 1 & 2 conflict with the D+ BOGO. They could cancel the dining package, though, couldn't they and repurchase a dining package for the desired remaining nights on board? Might not offer the same BOGO, however.

Mike, yes they could cancel their pre-purchased dining package in order to a avoid the conflict but there are no guarantees as to whether the package would be offered on board.

I don't know what they paid for the package or where they want to eat but they could do the math and figure out the exact costs of using the D+ BOGO and the full price for the other restaurants vs the dining package vs hopefully getting the package on board and still being able to use the D+ BOGO.

These dining packages and the "sale" on Internet packages certainly do reduce the "value" of the D and above perks in many cases.

Ken, experience would suggest that there will be some form of packages offered on board - they've been pushing them pretty hard recently! :rolleyes: But the point is well made about what is on the books now v what will be offered in comparison to the D+ BOGO. It all boils down to the day 1 & 2 restrictions with both, I guess.

Tom, you could always pull out the old Magic 8 Ball and see what it thinks about your options.....:D