Counting of Mariner days- math question

Toad

VMax, thanks for that info. We also have $750 OBC so adding the gratuities will get us 3 extra days[emoji2]

Ruth I'm happy whichever way it goes. I'm pretty sure I've read posts on CC where people said their drinks were charged and then credited to their account but I read stuff all over the boards so could have been any cruise line not necessarily HAL. As I said in my op any extra they give will make me happy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do know that purchase of a pre-cruise tour or hotel stay does not count towards the cruise day credits, unless it is an Alaskan cruise tour.
I'm not positive, but I think on our AK C/T we got credit for the land days, but not the spending bonus for them. That was was just part of the booking price.

I'm not positive, but I think on our AK C/T we got credit for the land days, but not the spending bonus for them. That was was just part of the booking price.

I'm quite sure you are correct. That was what I had meant but in re-reading my post, I can see that it wasn't very clear. Thank you for clarifying my post.

Your 4-star benefits will not take effect during this cruise, unless it is a Grand Voyage. We were given our 4-star pins, however, at the end of the voyage.

That is not quite correct. You will also get next star benefits during a cruise IF your cruise is not a Grand Cruise but also sold in segiments AND your star status changes during the FIRST segment.

You must do your homework: contact the Mariner Society before the cruise, have them confirm the status change in your Mariner account and a few days before the first segment ends ( keeping in mind the Mariner Society is not open Sat. & Sun.) and request the change onboard. The front desk then emails Seattle for permission to upgrade your benefits starting the FIRST day of the SECOND segment.

Thist happened to me Oct. 2015 and also my star benefits changes (Free Laundry!) this Oct., the same cruise, a double transatlantic crossing, The Atlantic Adventurer.

Not splitting hairs, just want everyone getting extra Mariner benefits as soon as possible. Congradulations on four stars, to you...and me!

do all purchases on board count towards mariner credits ,even art purchases from the auctions?

Yes, as they are charged to your on board account.

That is not quite correct. You will also get next star benefits during a cruise IF your cruise is not a Grand Cruise but also sold in segiments AND your star status changes during the FIRST segment.

You must do your homework: contact the Mariner Society before the cruise, have them confirm the status change in your Mariner account and a few days before the first segment ends ( keeping in mind the Mariner Society is not open Sat. & Sun.) and request the change onboard. The front desk then emails Seattle for permission to upgrade your benefits starting the FIRST day of the SECOND segment.

Thist happened to me Oct. 2015 and also my star benefits changes (Free Laundry!) this Oct., the same cruise, a double transatlantic crossing, The Atlantic Adventurer.

Not splitting hairs, just want everyone getting extra Mariner benefits as soon as possible. Congradulations on four stars, to you...and me!

Not to split hairs, but this only works if the number of days you need to reach 4* is covered in the days of your cruise (not on board spending) and if HAL is willing to do this on an exception basis.

It certainly has been done in the past for others as well, however, it is on an exception basis and, only if you do your homework as you outlined.

An interesting thought (IMO) to the question of getting credit on your drinks if you have Explore4. Based on my experience you do not get credit for these drinks, unless you bought the drink package (thus not the "free" one that HAL provides with the Exploye4 package.

On my upcoming cruise we had Explore4 originally, but decided to rebook without it since it saved us $1000 pp (18 day cruise) and we thought that was a better value for us. Interesting thought is that now any drinks we purchase will now count towards our $300 = one Mariner day credit.

Of course we did not do this just to get the Mariner credit, but it is interesting how it will work out I thought.

On my upcoming cruise we had Explore4 originally, but decided to rebook without it since it saved us $1000 pp (18 day cruise) and we thought that was a better value for us. Interesting thought is that now any drinks we purchase will now count towards our $300 = one Mariner day credit.

Of course we did not do this just to get the Mariner credit, but it is interesting how it will work out I thought.

Dave, I thought of this too. We originally booked our PanCan cruise under E4 but I convinced my mother to refare during the cyber sale to save some money since we weren't getting a lot of value from E4. While I was a little sad to lose the free drinkies, it absolutely did cross my mind that hey, now I'll get spending credit for my happy hour fun instead. Woohoo!

An interesting thought (IMO) to the question of getting credit on your drinks if you have Explore4. Based on my experience you do not get credit for these drinks, unless you bought the drink package (thus not the "free" one that HAL provides with the Exploye4 package.

Does anyone remember S&H Green Stamps?

I only ask because every one of my drinks - Maker's Mark on the rocks, at $7.95 + 15% service - is the equivalent of 43.89 cruise minutes.

Just to add a data point from our recent experience: We were on Tales of the South Pacific, not a Grand Cruise. It was sold in three segments, two very short and then the bulk of the cruise, so from Seattle to Vancouver, Vancouver to San Diego and then the round trip of 48 nights.

We were on the 48 nights segment only, so the third segment technically. We made 4 star after 30 nights into our cruise (none of our on-board spending on that cruise was not included) and the front desk contacted us to come have our cards re-done to show our new 4th star. I did not request this and didn't expect it so it was a nice surprise.

At the front desk I said to the person helping us that I thought they only did this mid-cruise on the Grand Cruises and she said that they also do it on "long" cruises... she didn't say what constitutes a "long" cruise.

We enjoyed the priority tendering the last couple of ports as well as the discount on the wine packages. m--

Hello,

we are HAL first time cruisers.Before we cruised with Celebrity about 10 times

Now on NA March-26-2017 for 14 nights.

here a newbie question.......

Do the purchases/reservations i made online for beverage packages,Tamarind or Pinnacle Grill, shore excursions

etc. count for the aditional cruisedays (every 300 $ one day) or only the money i spend on board.

Greetings from Germany

Petra und Michael

Hello,

we are HAL first time cruisers.Before we cruised with Celebrity about 10 times

Now on NA March-26-2017 for 14 nights.

here a newbie question.......

Do the purchases/reservations i made online for beverage packages,Tamarind or Pinnacle Grill, shore excursions

etc. count for the aditional cruisedays (every 300 $ one day) or only the money i spend on board.

Greetings from Germany

Petra und Michael

Your online advance purchases will count. :)