Silly WOW bands question ...

Cruising4

This is not a problem as the WOW bands cannot be removed until the end of the cruise and they are sure that your onboard account is paid in full.;)

I though I read somewhere on the boards that the people complained they had to remove their wow bands and hand it to the waiter to pay for their drinks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

NO WAY would I put something on my arm that could cause a "tan line"...WOW bands suck. Use your seapass.

If I don't have tan lines how do I know if I've been in the sun? :) I wear a big garmin watch. :)

That said I don't like using bands for doors or payment like at wdw. I like cards too. But not bc of tan lines. I like tan lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Band colors are based on muster stations. If you're all in the same room, your bands will be the same color. I agree with the others about a sharpie, however on our recent trip our bands were black so sharpie would have been no help. DH and I just made sure to put them in different places in the cabin. Big problem that concerned me was in a venue like the theater where the server may have orders for several people how do you know if you got your band back and not someone elses? We always used cards in places like that for my sanity:p

We had the WOW bands on our last cruise on Ovation, and decided to give them a shot. We wore them the first day, but then didn't wear them for the remainder of the cruise as you cannot use them to get off and on the ship.

Has anyone "reused" previous purchased WOW bands? I saw it mentioned here that they can be reprogrammed.

We will be back on Harmony in March and I was hoping to use our bands from January Harmony. The problem is that the Muster station location would be different.

Thanks

Band colors are based on muster stations. If you're all in the same room, your bands will be the same color. I agree with the others about a sharpie, however on our recent trip our bands were black so sharpie would have been no help. DH and I just made sure to put them in different places in the cabin. Big problem that concerned me was in a venue like the theater where the server may have orders for several people how do you know if you got your band back and not someone elses? We always used cards in places like that for my sanity:p

we had 3 different color WOW bands and they were all for the same muster station.

Just in case your Wow band is black, These are wonderful MetallicFinePoint_Silver

http://www.sharpie.com/en-US/sharpie-products/sharpie-markers/metallic-fine-point-permanent-marker-sp-00020--1

Well I am on Harmony now and decided to get the Wow Band. I like using the Wow Band on the ship and leave my card with my wallet for when I get off the ship.

I have no problem using my Wow band getting in the rooms and in the bars. I have not used it in the Theater yet.

In terms of colors when I got mine I had the choice of yellow or white.

Has anyone "reused" previous purchased WOW bands? I saw it mentioned here that they can be reprogrammed.

We will be back on Harmony in March and I was hoping to use our bands from January Harmony. The problem is that the Muster station location would be different.

Thanks

I believe that they just swap out your old band for a new one with the correct muster station.

On our trip in November our choice for WOW bands was black or black, so we chose black;). There were very limited colors available (white, yellow, blue, red and black were all I saw).

Don't think I'd do the WOW bands again - more trouble than they were worth and they made my wrist sweat...eeewwww:eek:

I was just about to post this! I have a kid (now in high school) and my silver and gold sharpies and paint pens have gotten a lot of use over the years.

Thanks

Yes, just bring your old Wow bands to your March cruise. On embarkation day the promenade has a booth of wow bands set up, you go there turn your old one in and get a new one. It will have the new correct muster station on it and they will program it for you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums