Misinformation regarding promotion

heathermiller86nj

Hi all,

In anticipation of a credit card offer (spend $500+ get $100 credit card statement credit), I decided to book a cruise with NCL (typically cruise RCL).

NCL advised me that there's no point to extend the hold since the payment wouldn't be processed until the next day (I booked at 9pm and the promotion with my credit card company started at 12am).

It turns out that the charge was processed immediately. Had I known this, I would have extended the hold 12 hours to make my final payment the following day once the promotion begun. Since the sailing it less than a month away, I cannot cancel and rebook.

All I need to happen is for the charge to be remade at any point after the promotion began. Is there any department at NCL I can speak with to explain the reason for booking and misinformation I relied on? I'm hoping the charge can be rescinded and remade for the same exact amount of money.

Thank you very much.

Because I didn't want to lose the rate or cabin. I would have asked to speak to a manager to extend the hold had I not been told the payment wouldn't be processed until the next day. Would have been easy to have it further extended which I would have done had it not been for the payment processing information.

Seems to me that this issue is totally on the OP. Why you would actually book prior to the start of the promotion is beyond me.

As an aside the shore staff has no idea how long it takes to run the CCs. I have had it done in as little as 90 seconds and as long as a week later.,

Thank you for everyone's input so far.

I should have waited to book since they were willing to extend my hold but told me there was no need to extend the hold as the charge would not hit my credit card until after the promotion began. They said to avoid calling back in and extending it I might as well go ahead and book due to the delay in payment processing.

PCCs are trained to 'complete the sale'. When you give them your CC, it is processed right then. They have zero control or knowledge as to when the charge will actually hit your statement.

I agree with the poster that suggested pre-paying your gratuities or onboard purchases to receive the $100 statement credit.

Sorry, but there is nothing to resolve - you booked before the promo was active and knew that when making the decision, plain and simple.

Getting incorrect info from a sales rep trying to close a non-cancellable deal is another thing but an everyday occurence all over.

Also even if the charge was processed later, the charge date would still be the original date - on my Amex (and all other credit card) statements all charges appear only couple of days later (depending on how quickly merchant forwards the payments to their payment processor) but still have the original date of the transaction.

Edited by Demonyte

Hi all,

In anticipation of a credit card offer (spend $500+ get $100 credit card statement credit), I decided to book a cruise with NCL (typically cruise RCL).

NCL advised me that there's no point to extend the hold since the payment wouldn't be processed until the next day (I booked at 9pm and the promotion with my credit card company started at 12am).

It turns out that the charge was processed immediately. Had I known this, I would have extended the hold 12 hours to make my final payment the following day once the promotion begun. Since the sailing it less than a month away, I cannot cancel and rebook.

All I need to happen is for the charge to be remade at any point after the promotion began. Is there any department at NCL I can speak with to explain the reason for booking and misinformation I relied on? I'm hoping the charge can be rescinded and remade for the same exact amount of money.

Thank you very much.

from NCL website

Guest relation before cruise :

To share any questions or concerns with our guest relations team before your cruise, please click below. Standard response time is 3 business days.

•Email Guest Relations https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/case-submission/pre-cruise

Phone

1-866-234-7350

Mailing Address

Pre-Cruise Guest Relations,Corporate Address 7665 Corporate Centre Drive Miami, Florida 33126

Hours of Operation

Mon-Fri: 8am - Midnight ET

Sat-Sun: 9am - 9pm ET

I don't understand. You knew when the promotion started, so why did you call a day early. Seems that this is your issue and not NCL's, since you jumped the gun on the promotion.
If you read this thread you would know that she booked this a day ahead to secure the cabin and rate....I get why she did it. She also trusted that the rep who booked her was giving her correct information that turned out to be wrong. Only way to resolve this now is to pay her gratuities ahead and hope she can spend enough to get the promotion.