Overhang on the Royal

Cruiseboy86

We have M626 on the Royal next January. Does anyone have any experience with the overhang from the Horizon Court above as far as the enjoyment of the view from the balcony of the cabins below it?

I am not sure what you mean by "enjoyment of the views". Most other Princess ships have an overhang from the Lido deck. We have never noticed any "view" issues. We have been on a balcony on the Regal, BTW, and that is what puzzles me about your question.

CB86,

Ya, I know what your sayin' (though some folks missed it!). I hate to say this out loud, but this deck (and the equivalent on the smaller Princess ships) have been our family secret for years. The extended overhang means you stay dry and in the shade 99% of the time.

CB86,

Ya, I know what your sayin' (though some folks missed it!). I hate to say this out loud, but this deck (and the equivalent on the smaller Princess ships) have been our family secret for years. The extended overhang means you stay dry and in the shade 99% of the time.

Yes! Thank you!

We also had M627, and the view was clear. The picture in this post is of a sunset, taken looking slightly toward the stern, and the slight dark area at the upper right is the overhang. This is something the eye really doesn't see, but can be picked up by a camera.

viewDSCN1073.jpg.0cb17688182ff30f9b1c70b0c733d871.jpg

• 7 months later...
Better talk to Pam about the noise from above! :o

Thank you.

Yes, I already know what she has said about her experience. I am interested in what others have to say, too. Especially about this exact room.

Our choice was between M708 which was under the Horizon Terrace (still would hear chairs scraping, etc., plus people would be on the open deck above) and this M626. We are thinking of going for M626 - I know there may be noise but at least no one would be on the on open deck above on the Horizon Terrace. Plus, this one is not quite as far aft.

P.S. We've stayed under the aft Café Caribe on the Emerald and heard no noise at all from it.

Better talk to Pam about the noise from above! :o
We were on Riviera deck just below Pam on the maiden Royal TA. She was not happy with all the noise coming from above.

To the OP, noise from Lido deck should be much more of a concern than the view from your balcony...