Do they really hold back dining reservations?

fdpevey

So I procrastinated in making dinner reservations for my cruise on the Getaway in two weeks - and there are almost no dining times available for us at the specialty restaurants (Cagneys, Ocean Blue. Le Bistro, La Cucina). By "no" I mean no tables for 2 at all at any restaurant other than La Cucina. There are tables for 1 and tables for 4 or 6 ... but even those are either every early or very late. The times for La Cucina are the very early or very late times. Nothing between 7 PM and 9 PM.

I believe I read somewhere that the ships don't fill all reservations through the online pre-cruise system. Can someone confirm this?

If I go to make reservations as the first thing when I get on board, will I be able to get in?

I am pretty sure it's true. I booked teppanyaki at the 90 day mark and the only available options were 7 pm and 9 pm, but we they also ended up having a seating at 6 pm and 8 pm.

Yes, there was a long line for reservations on the first day so would def beeline there first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called NCL because I could not book Moderno without paying the service charge, and I wanted to use my free platinum coupon. I was afraid only the late times would be left. I was told only 1/3 of the restaurant bookings are done in advance and the other 2/3 are done one the ship.

You should be able to secure your desired times on board. I would use the kiosks on the ship or try making then through the NCL App while waiting in line to embark. Be sure to download on your phone before embarkation day. No need to stand in a potential long reservation line.

So I procrastinated in making dinner reservations for my cruise on the Getaway in two weeks - and there are almost no dining times available for us at the specialty restaurants (Cagneys, Ocean Blue. Le Bistro, La Cucina). By "no" I mean no tables for 2 at all at any restaurant other than La Cucina. There are tables for 1 and tables for 4 or 6 ... but even those are either every early or very late. The times for La Cucina are the very early or very late times. Nothing between 7 PM and 9 PM.

I believe I read somewhere that the ships don't fill all reservations through the online pre-cruise system. Can someone confirm this?

If I go to make reservations as the first thing when I get on board, will I be able to get in?

You should be able to secure your desired times on board. I would use the kiosks on the ship or try making then through the NCL App while waiting in line to embark. Be sure to download on your phone before embarkation day. No need to stand in a potential long reservation line.