Most expensive Drinks On Carnval

joltfreek

I know there has been a lot of is it worth it, and will I break even. I'm taking the family on our 1st cruise on the Carnval Ecstasy on April 29th!

Any way, we did get the cheers package, and after reading people talking about top shelf drinks, I would like to find out what are some of the most expensive Drinks you have gotten on a Carnval ship that's in the 50$ range and is free with cheers! My thought drink two of them a day and bam payed off double! Lol.

So what's the most expensive cheers drink you have bought, or can buy (well get for free with cheers)

Thanks for your input in advance!

I'm very interested in this too! Signed up for it and I'm going top shelf all the way. Lol! Make a cocktail with some Grey Goose VX! But I'm a whiskey guy so I'm looking forward to trying different brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My BF and I had cheers for our NYE cruise ... He asked several bartenders what was the most expensive drink ... It was some sort of martini at $18 ... He said it was awful .. He didn't even finish it ... And he loves his drinks ... He typically drinks woodford whisky and when the ship ran out (we laugh that he drank it all), he moves to dukes ...

The above poster is correct, the Grey Goose VX martini is the most expensive drink you can get on Ecstasy. I believe it was around 18 bucks. I would disagree with the the poster who didn't like it, my son and I thought they were outta sight!

The above poster is correct, the Grey Goose VX martini is the most expensive drink you can get on Ecstasy. I believe it was around 18 bucks. I would disagree with the the poster who didn't like it, my son and I thought they were outta sight!

i also had the grey goose VX martini(dirty) at the alchemy bar as the most expensive drink i have had. i didn't like it because i don't like cognac. i went back to the regular grey goose dirty martini.

I'm sure you could get some top shelf Scotch (Blue label) which would be pricey.

But really? I'm going to drink some stuff I don't normally drink and probably won't like, just to stick it to the man?

OP is probably a great person and I'd enjoy having a drink with them. But, first impression,,,

Sorry was not trying to sound like I want to stick it to the man, just in would never normally buy a 50$ drink or a shot from the top shelf. So I would definitely love to be able to try some new things and see what I have been missing, or not missing, lol. If your on my 1st cruise it would definitely enjoy to sit down and have a drink with you! Or anyone! It's all about trying new things, meeting new people and making great memories!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Sorry was not trying to sound like I want to stick it to the man, just in would never normally buy a 50$ drink or a shot from the top shelf. So I would definitely love to be able to try some new things and see what I have been missing, or not missing, lol. If your on my 1st cruise it would definitely enjoy to sit down and have a drink with you! Or anyone! It's all about trying new things, meeting new people and making great memories!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't call it sticking it to them as they would not put out something like this if they thought they would lose money. I'm totally down with trying stuff I probably wouldn't order normally. For example...I'm a Bourbon guy. But would like to try a higher end Scotch. Last time I had Scotch I was turned off. Maybe it was a bad Scotch? I'll find out in April!!! And will definitely peruse the drink menu at the Steakhouse! I was happy to know that Cheers is good there!

I wouldn't call it sticking it to them as they would not put out something like this if they thought they would lose money. I'm totally down with trying stuff I probably wouldn't order normally. For example...I'm a Bourbon guy. But would like to try a higher end Scotch. Last time I had Scotch I was turned off. Maybe it was a bad Scotch? I'll find out in April!!! And will definitely peruse the drink menu at the Steakhouse!

Try Glenlivet.

Try Glenlivet.

I think I may have tried that in the past. But will try it again! The last one I had was Highland Park and it was way too peaty for me as I remember it. This was over 10 years ago. But I am definitely game for the good stuff.

Can't say we have spent that much on "one" drink. Just back from a cruise the most we spent was $10.95. We did get a bottle of win for the dining room and that was $45. Although the most expensive bottle of wine we got was on Holland America for $75. :o :rolleyes: Found out the same wine in Publix is $21. LOL

Have fun on your cruise...

From my 9/16/16 post:

On my last cruise, I'd get the Long Island Iced Tea's and up the spirits:

Grey Goose VX - $15.00

Patron Reposado - $10.95

Appleton Estates VX - $5.75

So that one was a minimum of $30. I only asked 1 bartender to make it this way, and I tipped him $2-3 each time. YMMV.

I am so on the fence. My upcoming trip in August I will be the only adult in my cabin... so I can finally consider this again. However I am not man enough for these strong drinks! ;)

Yeah, we went back and forth on this. The more you read on CC the more you realize it's all about you. So many numbers being thrown around. On our 7 day we figured you are really only drinking for 6 days. And that is if you are leaving from a port that allows this...i.e. Texas and NY don't let you use this while in port. We are leaving from Miami so we figured 6-7 drinks a piece a day to break even not counting any specialty coffees, bottled water, etc.. All in all the numbers were close enough to just say do it and we can relax not worrying about our bill at the end of the cruise and it's paid for in advance.

What ever you chose, have fun!!! That's our plan! We don't get to do this often!!!

With CHEERS, don't you only get a 25% discount on that $60 cognac? You'd still end up paying like $45 for it the way the program "rules" read.

You are correct. Unlike other lines which charge you the price difference plus gratuity, Carnival has a hard 50.00 limit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I am so on the fence. My upcoming trip in August I will be the only adult in my cabin... so I can finally consider this again. However I am not man enough for these strong drinks! ;)

If your ship has an Alchemy Bar, it's a no brainer. Remember you also get bottled water, espresso based coffee drinks, energy drinks and milkshakes included with Cheers.

Another vote for drinks made with Grey Goose VX. I found that out last year in the Sensation. I hated grey goose (I'm a titos girl) and had the VX for the first time and it's SO smooth. Best ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. Unlike other lines which charge you the price difference plus gratuity, Carnival has a hard 50.00 limit.

True...but Carnival has very few options that exceed the $50. As a wine drinker, when I was on RCI, I was paying the differential on almost every drink...though they do have a much nicer selection, but every single glass of champagne exceeded the $12 limit..and most of the wines did too...so the drinking package on RCI was more of a down payment :D

• 2 weeks later...