To bring soda on board?

phabric

What do you recommenced doing? Just slapping a luggage tag on a 12 pack and leaving it with our bags or do we need to carry it on?

You can do either. You can also bring water.

But leaving sodas with checked baggage could result in them being jostled and shaken.

Be careful when opening checked sodas....

I had read that RCCL and Disney no longer allow you to take a case if water with you, let alone side. Is Celebrity really still letting you take cases in?

Was just on Independence of the Seas a few weeks ago and brought soda and water, no problem. I have been told in the past by the shuttle driver that they don't allow it but dont believe them, i have never had a problem on any cruise.

• 1 year later...
Was just on Independence of the Seas a few weeks ago and brought soda and water, no problem. I have been told in the past by the shuttle driver that they don't allow it but dont believe them, i have never had a problem on any cruise.

Hi Guys -

Was this updated? I logged in to check the policy for Celebrity and saw this:

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

So... it says "non-alcoholic beverages" are not allowed... :( .... can anyone confirm if they've had an issue in 2018?

Hi Guys -

Was this updated? I logged in to check the policy for Celebrity and saw this:

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

So... it says "non-alcoholic beverages" are not allowed... :( .... can anyone confirm if they've had an issue in 2018?

There has been only one (1) report of 'beverage' confiscation here on CC within the last 90 days.

Did you know that wine is considered an alcoholic beverage and elsewhere on X's website it explicitly states that up to two (2) 750ml bottles can be brought aboard at embarkation? Do you think that is a problem with many people doing this without any issues, a long time policy being abided by. It has been long understood by many of us that any alcohol other than 750ml of wine will be confiscated.

When there is a 'major' policy change in bringing water and soda aboard, there will be a major uproar here, for sure. While some of our fellow posters are strict constructionist when it comes to the policy as written, other of us are not so strict and/or narrow in interpreting the policy as enforced and as practical.

Please understand this is mainly applicable to U.S. embarkations, I do not know about 'foreign' ports, someone else can comment on this.

Net-Net, if any passenger chooses to interpret the policy strictly, so be it, no questions to be asked or expected, just enjoy your sailing and the rest of us will continue to respond to the policy as we interpret it until there is a more 'restrictive and selective' enforcement applied at some future point in time.

bon voyage