Haven Room Service

Not only is there a larger room service menu, you can order anything from any dining venue (charges apply if they would at the venue).. This includes all MDRs and specialty dining.

Do note your Butler is NOT in the tipping pool and compensate accordingly..

Even if you call Room Service directly, the Butler on duty will be contacted to handle the order.. It's part of their responsibility to be sure its handled correctly.

you dont have to order it thru the butler. its free no matter who you order it from, when staying in a suite.

Aboard Escape in November, H5 cabin. Does the $7.95 room service fee apply to Haven suites?

We always order breakfast for early port days. There is a breakfast card in your suite with some check boxes next to a very limited set of breakfast items. Ignore the check boxes. Write down what you want from the MDR or Havens restaurant. For example: Egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms, eggs over easy, filet steak, grilled tomato, mushrooms, bacon, ham, sausage, breakfast potatoes, hashbrowns, fresh fruit, breads (you specify), juices, and a diet pepsi.

6727360d684663ce8c03a80e92b99772.jpg

Not only is there a larger room service menu, you can order anything from any dining venue (charges apply if they would at the venue).. This includes all MDRs and specialty dining.

Do note your Butler is NOT in the tipping pool and compensate accordingly..

Do you tip each day? or at end of the week? how much? Thank you!!

Mello - you may want to search the threads. I recall there has been much discussion on the topic of Haven tipping. We tipped the butler $100 for two of us for 7 days

Edit: at the end of the cruise

The butlers do prefer you to call them direct. We carry the room phone with us and arrange what we'd like delivered so the food is in our room when we get back. One additional benefit I found out about on our last cruise Dec 2016 Escape is that you can ask your butler to deliver food from Osheeans (the only way you can get that delivered to your room I think). There is a special night butler so we didn't feel badly calling late at night. We tipped the night butler each time as that person was different most nights. Our main butler we tipped at the end as well as all of the others who made our cruise wonderful, including chefs who prepared special meals for me (vegan).

I would like to order the seafood extravaganza (the raw bar seafood, not sure what it is called) on our first sea day while we have lunch in the Haven Courtyard next week on Getaway. Would I ask the butler to deliver this in the Haven Courtyard lunch area or do I ask the waiters when we order our actual lunch. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ask your butler. They may arrange for someone else to deliver to the area. Note that your cabin will be charged for the Seafood Plateau ($35pp+grat) and it may come differently presented (for safety and ease of transport).

Now, one note on this, it will likely be VERY warm in the courtyard, may not be the best environment to consume raw seafood.

I would like to order the seafood extravaganza (the raw bar seafood, not sure what it is called) on our first sea day while we have lunch in the Haven Courtyard next week on Getaway. Would I ask the butler to deliver this in the Haven Courtyard lunch area or do I ask the waiters when we order our actual lunch. Thanks.

You need to make sure there is someone available to prepare the dish. Not all restaurants are open at lunch.

The big challenge of ordering something outside the Haven's galley is that you take waiters off the floor to go and fetch food for you. It degrades service for everyone else in the restaurant. It is better to order the food delivered to your room so that you do not impact others in the restaurant.

Thank you both very much for your detailed responses. I believe the raw bar is open 12-2 on our firsr sea day. Where and how we will eat it I guess is still up in the air. Too bad the Haven courtyard doesnt have a retractable roof as the other away ships. Thanks again!