Empress of the seas cancellation

would love to hear comments on empress cancelled as a 5 day sailing April 17 2017.

1. RCL cancelled a 5 day itinerary after final payment

2. I was not notified by RCL

3. Compensation offered was only for customers accepting two different dates in May or June. Otherwise a full refund was made available.

4. They have the same ship leaving the same day and now is a four day cruise omitting Key West.

5. Both bookings and Crown and Anchor did not know what was going on.

6. Unable to negotiate even a dollar of compensation for cancelling me. I am out of pocket for travel changes and hotels.

Please enlighten me as to who I can contact to express my dissatisfaction.

The Empress Inagural cruise to Cuba from Tampa is on the 19th, possibly related to the cancellation of your sailing on the 17th.

Doubt you'll get any compensation, maybe a bit of OBC if you rebook.

Cuba cruises are selling for over twice what the Bahama cruises did for the same number of days on the same ship.

Looks like they wanted Empress out of service an extra day, vs. one day. Why they cancelled without contacting you I cannot answer. Sounds like you booked a non-refundable hotel. See if they will credit at least but you may have flights with a non-refundable airline. Just get a full refund and re-book. Cabins look plentiful, at least inside. Price could likely drop some more too. In the meantime call until you get answers- you might be able to get some credit too.

I'm not sure why they let you rebook as I am not seeing the sailing for 4 days on their website. I would call and ask to speak to resolutions to find out what is going on. Did you book directly with RC or through a TA?

P.S. COYS - hope they win today

I checked on the RCCL site and it is now showing it as a 4 night cruise. No Key West. I would rather KW over Cozumel. Unfortunately our flights are based on the original itinerary. Not good. This might explain why I could not log on to the site yesterday to buy a drink package and my reservation did' exist. Find it interesting that I have heard nothing from RCCL. My T/A's site now shows "sold out."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curios how you were notified?

I was not notified. I found out because my reservation disappeared when I tried to check in. Pathetic business practice that needs to be stopped. The airlines can't get away with this but RCL apparently does this a lot.

I'm not sure why they let you rebook as I am not seeing the sailing for 4 days on their website. I would call and ask to speak to resolutions to find out what is going on. Did you book directly with RC or through a TA?

P.S. COYS - hope they win today

They played great today. Next Millwall. I booked the 4 day yesterday directly with C and A resolutions. I will check again tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. The booking is for the 24th for four days.

Sorry to hear this. I am a veteran of 2 Empress cancellations just about a year ago. I will never ever sail on that ship. Hope you get some resolution.

They cancelled this and then changed to a four day. I am not sure why they didn't notify the passengers and simply ask if they wanted to keep the new itinerary with an adjustment in price. Instead they cancel without informing. I am upping the pressure as this is not good business practice.

would love to hear comments on empress cancelled as a 5 day sailing April 17 2017.

1. RCL cancelled a 5 day itinerary after final payment

2. I was not notified by RCL

3. Compensation offered was only for customers accepting two different dates in May or June. Otherwise a full refund was made available.

4. They have the same ship leaving the same day and now is a four day cruise omitting Key West.

5. Both bookings and Crown and Anchor did not know what was going on.

6. Unable to negotiate even a dollar of compensation for cancelling me. I am out of pocket for travel changes and hotels.

Please enlighten me as to who I can contact to express my dissatisfaction.

Did you book with a TA, if so it's their responsibility to reach out to you. If you booked direct is there an email address in your reservation, if not they would need to reach you by phone. The criuse is not cancelled, it is a 4 day.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Forums mobile app

They played great today. Next Millwall. I booked the 4 day yesterday directly with C and A resolutions. I will check again tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. The booking is for the 24th for four days.

Have you managed to get anywhere today? I would certainly push for obc. Especially given past final date when you found out. Please keep us updated - do you even know who has chartered it?

P.S. Yes great game and a decent draw for the next round. Given how the last two games went I was nervous given how some of the other teams have done this round!

I have been reading threads related to cancellations of Empress and there seems to be a common theme of what about travel insurance! I think this is apples and oranges, I understand a changed itinerary due to safety or a trip cut short by weather or war but a corporate decision to make a change based on whatever because nobody tells you, should not be offloaded to the insurance company. How does one prove to the insurance company that there has been a cancellation if RCL does not send you an email or a cancellation letter? Also I take issue with the fact that we book directly with them thus they save approx 15% commission which is payable to a travel agency. Maybe RCL is getting to many awards for the new fleet and has totally

lost the plot on the need for customer service and customer relations.

I have been reading threads related to cancellations of Empress and there seems to be a common theme of what about travel insurance! I think this is apples and oranges, I understand a changed itinerary due to safety or a trip cut short by weather or war but a corporate decision to make a change based on whatever because nobody tells you, should not be offloaded to the insurance company. How does one prove to the insurance company that there has been a cancellation if RCL does not send you an email or a cancellation letter? Also I take issue with the fact that we book directly with them thus they save approx 15% commission which is payable to a travel agency. Maybe RCL is getting to many awards for the new fleet and has totally

lost the plot on the need for customer service and customer relations.