Harmony allows Diamond drink orders in the MDR.

You're getting confused by two different programs.

The unlimited beverage packages (what you have) are honored at all bars and restaurants.

The Diamond drink vouchers are a different program and those are not usually honored in restaurants.

Thank you for clarifying! :D

I have a trip on HOTS in May (1st time as a Diamond) so I was wondering:

what time does the Diamond drink period start?

can you order a 3 at once?

Here's what I would hope to do, maybe drop by a bar and get 3 unopened beers and save them for the next day to enjoy at the pool...anyone tried this?

We are just off the Grandeur. They let everyone walk out of the Diamond Lounge with a drink in hand. We then walked into the Dining Room with our drinks. Sometimes, we would stop at a bar on the way into the Dining Room and get a drink. It's easier than having to wait for your drinks in the Dining Room.

On the grandeur right now sailing back to baltimore. In the welcome letter it states all food or drink is to be consumed in the lounge. The diamond concierge, Amit was very gracious and said it was no problem to take drinks out. He was a gracious host and helped get drink orders and refill empty wine glasses all around. The diamond lounge had overflow in the south seas lounge. With about 350 diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members there was ample room and seats for all during cocktail hour.

Also could not get diamond drinks is mdr.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I usually stop at the bar outside the MDR and get 3 drinks, then walk in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was told we could only order one drink at a time in the diamond lounge and at a couple bars on grandeur. Even if i wanted to use 2 of the 3 drinks loaded on the card.

On the grandeur right now sailing back to baltimore. In the welcome letter it states all food or drink is to be consumed in the lounge. The diamond concierge, Amit was very gracious and said it was no problem to take drinks out. He was a gracious host and helped get drink orders and refill empty wine glasses all around. The diamond lounge had overflow in the south seas lounge. With about 350 diamond, diamond plus and pinnacle members there was ample room and seats for all during cocktail hour.

Also could not get diamond drinks is mdr.

Amit is wonderful. :hearteyes:

Here's what I would hope to do, maybe drop by a bar and get 3 unopened beers and save them for the next day to enjoy at the pool...anyone tried this?

This will likely differ with bar and bartender but it may be possible (may need to visit more than one bar) - remember you can only get those beers during D hours,

Was told we could only order one drink at a time in the diamond lounge and at a couple bars on grandeur. Even if i wanted to use 2 of the 3 drinks loaded on the card.

In the Diamond lounge you can only get 1 drink at a time. I've never had a problem getting more than 1 at a time at the bar outside the MDR or any of the bars outside the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And now that it has been brought to RCI's attention I wouldn't be surprised if the practice stops on Harmony.

Dozens (hundreds?) of people call each month asking for erroneous charges to be reversed from the their final bill and they can't fix that, but one person calls asking some junior phone rep about where they serve Diamond drinks and Harmony is going to drop anchor while they sort it out? Heck, is just as likely that call initiates other ships starting to do it, but most likely it means nothing at all that the person called.

Dozens (hundreds?) of people call each month asking for erroneous charges to be reversed from the their final bill and they can't fix that, but one person calls asking some junior phone rep about where they serve Diamond drinks and Harmony is going to drop anchor while they sort it out? Heck, is just as likely that call initiates other ships starting to do it, but most likely it means nothing at all that the person called.

Well put...I wanted to say something about those uncalled for comments to someone confused about various comments who decided to check with the cruise line, glad you did.