Chesneygirl's Norwegian Escape to the Caribbean - Our vacation video! :)

Chesneygirl

LOVE your video!! Thanks so much. It is truly fantastic. We have 114 days, but you just got me even more excited!!!

Thanks so much! What room did you have?

We originally had a balcony cabin and placed a bid for multiple Haven categories. NCL awarded us with a 2 bedroom suite. It was a lot of space for just the 2 of us but we LOVED it!!

I usually stop watching "vacation videos" after 2 seconds, but you really know how to edit and you really know how to shoot video.

Very well done... thank you for sharing.

I'm glad my video was able to hold your attention! Thanks for watching!! :)

Awesome video! We leave in 2 weeks and you're video got us even more excited! How did you like Jost Van Dyke? We also scheduled the Rebel Yell

We loved Jost Van Dyke and the Rebel Yell was awesome too! As a word of caution when choosing where you sit on the Catamaran...only sit in the very front if you don't mind getting soaked. The crew will hold your stuff in the cabin so it doesn't get wet. Have a blast!!

I agree. with Triptolemus. GREAT video. Going in about a month again and looking to shoot new shots with our GoPro 4K. I was lacking inspiration for the second one but got some great ideas from your's. Well done!!!

So happy to have been able to give you some inspiration!! I can't wait to see your video!

Just bought a GoPro Session for use on our cruise. Thanks for the inspiration! Our aft balcony cabin should make for some epic "leaving port" time lapse videos. Can I ask what software you used for editing your videos? It really was very impressive!!

Thank you and I used Final Cut Pro X for my editing.

Hey...on your time lapse leaving MIA...how often did you take a frame? Planning on setting up my GoPro in our aft balcony and let it record us leaving port. Just not sure how often to tell capture a frame

I set the camera up to take a photo every 5 seconds.

Thanks for sharing the software used and the time lapse tip. I haven't used the latter yet. Does that require a lot of memory? I used up two 64gb micro cards last March but I also took way more video than needed. Learned my lesson for this next trip on shot selection. Just wondering how much I would need if I did a number of time lapse pieces. Thanks again!!!

Thanks for sharing the software used and the time lapse tip. I haven't used the latter yet. Does that require a lot of memory? I used up two 64gb micro cards last March but I also took way more video than needed. Learned my lesson for this next trip on shot selection. Just wondering how much I would need if I did a number of time lapse pieces. Thanks again!!!

No problem I always like to help whenever I can. :)

So I only had one 64gb memory card for the whole trip. I also brought my laptop with a portable external hard drive (Lacie Rugged 2TB). I would create file folders on the external hard drive for everything and at the end of the day dump my footage onto that. Delete everything on the card and repeat all over again.

For the time Lapses I would use the Jaws mount set the camera up to take a photo every 5 seconds and let it go for about an hour each time. For the ones that overlook the pool I grabbed a chair with a cocktail and socialized while the camera did its thing. The balcony was of course easier since it didn't require any babysitting. :)

For video clips, I always try to keep them around 10 seconds long. This makes everything so much easier when it comes to editing and sifting through all the clips.

I found that the video clips took up way more storage then the time lapses photos. This was my first time shooting video in 2.7k.

Hope this helps!

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

No problem I always like to help whenever I can. :)

So I only had one 64gb memory card for the whole trip. I also brought my laptop with a portable external hard drive (Lacie Rugged 2TB). I would create file folders on the external hard drive for everything and at the end of the day dump my footage onto that. Delete everything on the card and repeat all over again.

For the time Lapses I would use the Jaws mount set the camera up to take a photo every 5 seconds and let it go for about an hour each time. For the ones that overlook the pool I grabbed a chair with a cocktail and socialized while the camera did its thing. The balcony was of course easier since it didn't require any babysitting. :)

For video clips, I always try to keep them around 10 seconds long. This makes everything so much easier when it comes to editing and sifting through all the clips.

I found that the video clips took up way more storage then the time lapses photos. This was my first time shooting video in 2.7k.

Hope this helps!

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

NCL should be paying you for all of your fantastic videos featuring their ships!;)

How did you do St. John? We are looking for something new to get over there. We have done a sailboat ride twice.

We did St John on our own...it was very easy!

We got off the ship asap and grabbed a taxi and made it over to the Red Hook ferry station with time to spare. We were on the 9am ferry and the ride to St John was maybe 20 minutes long, if that.