What time zone will the Freedom be on?

lisakoivu

We are trying to book a jetski tour with Fat Fish

We are going to be on Freedom of the Seas leaving FLL March 12

Will be on Grand Cayman March 14.

I have never sailed RCL. What time will the ship be on? Do they adjust or will they stay on EDT?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

When we sailed Freedom, we stayed on ships time.........EST or which was August so we had that daylight savings time built in.

Stay on ships time.

The vendors know.

Safe travels.

OH FYI, Tendering can be painful in Grand Cayman, ship sponsored excursions first than everyone else.

Good luck.

We are trying to book a jetski tour with Fat Fish

We are going to be on Freedom of the Seas leaving FLL March 12

Will be on Grand Cayman March 14.

I have never sailed RCL. What time will the ship be on? Do they adjust or will they stay on EDT?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Grand Cayman does not observe DST, so if the ship remains on DST, it will be an hour ahead of local time. In my experience, ships usually will adjust to local time, but that is not always the case. For your purposes, book a morning tour based on the theory that the ship will match local time. If it doesn't, you'll just have an extra hour before starting. I wouldn't give this advice for a tour ending in the late afternoon, as you then risk missing the ship should it not change time.

The tour vendor is asking me to confirm?

No way you can do that with absolute certainty in advance of your cruise. While the ship time may also be local time it is always at the discretion of the Captain which time he will observe - in particular if the local port time is not the same as the departure port time. Perhaps others who have recently been on that same ship and itinerary can provide their experience - but that is still no guarantee for your sailing.

Also surprised they are asking you to confirm that - any experienced tour operator will understand that on their own and will know when the ship arrives and departs in real time. If we do excursions in a port of call we always do them independently - and we have never been asked that by a tour operator. The best you can do is tell them the times indicated on the website itinerary - but that is still not a certainty.

Edited by leaveitallbehind