SailorJill and I Sail on the Orient Express a.k.a. Millenium's Immersion Cruise

SailorJack

Hong Kong from atop Victoria Peak. It was a little foggy that morning, so some of the shots are a little shrouded.

24413386288_8073555265_o.jpg

26508661609_a361f6b69f_o.jpg

26508658169_ca2c46b46a_o.jpg

I think the first photo above is great. The buildings in the foreground are sharp and the ones in the background are shrouded. A very nice layout - intentional or not.:D

The Stanley waterfront.

38284133541_8bbe683ace_o.jpg

The only hint that this is not Chicago, but Hong Kong is the email address. Paisano's is actually a chain as we ran across another one on our visit.

38284126351_2602902d38_o.jpg

Again, you wouldn't think you were in Hong Kong. Even the menu posted on the outside is in English. We surmised that this was because Stanley is so tourist oriented.

38284119501_ed92bb418c_o.jpg

I always love reading your reviews and stories, you make everything very interesting. :)

Love the great photos, just so beautiful.

Thanks! Glad you like the photos. I assume from your screen name you are headed for the S. Pacific. Bon Voyage!

Jack

No. I had never heard of the Lugard Road lookout before.:( I clicked on your link to see where it was and I don't think our tour went anywhere near it. It must have a different view of Hong Kong from there. I will put it on our to do list for our next visit to Hong Kong and see if we have an opportunity to visit it.

Jack

No. I had never heard of the Lugard Road lookout before.:( I clicked on your link to see where it was and I don't think our tour went anywhere near it. It must have a different view of Hong Kong from there. I will put it on our to do list for our next visit to Hong Kong and see if we have an opportunity to visit it.

Jack

We actually walk the whole loop around. We get to see the sun set from the western side and then move to the lookout for the best harbour views once the lights all come on.

Can't do that on a tour but then we go on our own.

There was a lot of shopping opportunities in Stanley. This is the entrance to what turned out to a virtual warren of little shops and stores - of which Jill contributed liberally.

26508650799_4b9ea87bb9_o.jpg

Even more shopping opportunities up these stairs!:D

37573366484_4834eaa150_o.jpg

Tour buses (including ours) dropped us here so we could.....shop!

38252355432_45e3cf294d_o.jpg

We bought a new suitcase when we were last there in 2015 as we had bought so much stuff we needed it to get everything back home. LOL

We actually pack an empty type duffel bag just for those occasions. It doesn't take up much room in a suitcase when empty.

There was a lot of shopping opportunities in Stanley. This is the entrance to what turned out to a virtual warren of little shops and stores - of which Jill contributed liberally.

26508650799_4b9ea87bb9_o.jpg

Even more shopping opportunities up these stairs!:D

37573366484_4834eaa150_o.jpg

Tour buses (including ours) dropped us here so we could.....shop!

38252355432_45e3cf294d_o.jpg

Love the markets over at Stanley - one of our first stops whenever we're in "Honkers" (Aussi-ism. Actually, there used to be an advertisement for, from memory, Cathay Pacific for flights from Australia to Europe that went something like, "You've gotta be kinda bonkers not to go via Honkers"). Fabulous little warren of shops, some great eateries, and the trip over there in the local bus is a thrill ride all of its own.

We have arrived at Aberdeen. We were here many years ago and cannot believe how much it has changed - new high rises and construction everywhere.

27114160719_625921f2cc_o.jpg

38175316044_4b36c2caaf_o.jpg

38892825351_5169dd6f30_o.jpg

The juxtaposition of the old (and the sacred) and the new in this photograph is terrific.

Edited by Beejay4016
typo.

This time we are packing one of our rolling carry-ons in an almost empty suitcase as I don't believe we can do a 14 night cruise plus 6 additional nights pre and post cruise in HK & Singapore with just our rolling carry-ons.

Do I sense a shopping call at the Stanley Market?:D

Our next adventure involved sailing around Aberdeen harbor in a Chinese junk.

Here are the piers where we not only board the junk, but where the boats dock to ferry patrons back and forth from the floating restaurants in the harbor.

38175314984_0975bb3eaa_o.jpg

This was the junk we were to "sail" on.

25019214918_92ab5b2cdc_o.jpg

Boarding the junk involved walking down a walkway and waiting for an empty boat. Notice the chairs lining the boarding area. The waits can be quite long, but as our tour had reserved some boats we were able to board immediately.

25019213298_f5b8a4c12a_o.jpg

The juxtaposition of the old (and the sacred) and the new in this photograph is terrific.

Thanks. I actually took this photo while on the junk and I had to take several photos because the rock was rolling so much. This was the best of the three.

Jack

Love the markets over at Stanley - one of our first stops whenever we're in "Honkers" (Aussi-ism. Actually, there used to be an advertisement for, from memory, Cathay Pacific for flights from Australia to Europe that went something like, "You've gotta be kinda bonkers not to go via Honkers"). Fabulous little warren of shops, some great eateries, and the trip over there in the local bus is a thrill ride all of its own.

Am familiar with the term "Bonkers", but the only reference I have to "Honkers" is geese.:D We did the shopping, but did not have an opportunity to try any of the eateries -maybe next time.

Jack

We are off on our "grand adventure." To say the harbor was crowded would be an understatement. That is one of the floating restaurants in the background.

25019209828_fa1f40fc37_o.jpg

Many of the structures around the harbor were showing their age.

24025887277_c6ff372419_o.jpg

Lots of dry docks around the harbor as well.

24025884287_9eb820c173_o.jpg