SailorJill and I Sail on the Orient Express a.k.a. Millenium's Immersion Cruise

SailorJack

Are you able to give a hint about where we can find your other reviews?

I've tried googling Sailor Jack but only came up with some restaurants by that name.

Karen, when I first started posting reviews on the other website I had a different screen name. If I do write a review of next weeks cruise I will let you know.

Jack

Just heard about your posting change. I have enjoyed your reviews - hope you change your mind. Enjoy your upcoming cruise - Bon Voyage!

Glad you enjoyed them! Looking forward to sailing on the Royal Princess - it will be the largest ship we have ever sailed on so am looking forward to it. Jill is packing this morning and we don't leave till Thursday - so I'm thinking she is looking forward to it as well! :D Good to get out of the cold.

Jack

Glad you enjoyed them! Looking forward to sailing on the Royal Princess - it will be the largest ship we have ever sailed on so am looking forward to it. Jill is packing this morning and we don't leave till Thursday - so I'm thinking she is looking forward to it as well! :D Good to get out of the cold.

Jack

We've sailed on the Royal three times and we really love it.

They have constant entertainment in the piazza so don't miss that.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

We've sailed on the Royal three times and we really love it.

They have constant entertainment in the piazza so don't miss that.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

Three times - wow! You MUST have liked it. I saw a video on UTube that showed the Piazza - it was really quite impressive. We will probably spend a lot of time there. I think that is where the cookies and snacks are located as well.:D

Jack

Three times - wow! You MUST have liked it. I saw a video on UTube that showed the Piazza - it was really quite impressive. We will probably spend a lot of time there. I think that is where the cookies and snacks are located as well.:D

Jack

To be fair , we've loved almost every cruise we've been on.

(Couple of misses over the years)

What can be bad when you've got the beautiful ocean , sun and warm air?

I would be very happy to be one of those people that lives on a cruise ship instead of a retirement home.

Yes, the International Cafe is there so you can grab a snack while you watch.

(If you like Sushi make sure to stop at the Cafe on the top floor of the piazza next to Crooners. Super good)

To be fair , we've loved almost every cruise we've been on.

(Couple of misses over the years)

What can be bad when you've got the beautiful ocean , sun and warm air?

I would be very happy to be one of those people that lives on a cruise ship instead of a retirement home.

Yes, the International Cafe is there so you can grab a snack while you watch.

(If you like Sushi make sure to stop at the Cafe on the top floor of the piazza next to Crooners. Super good)

Thanks for the tip about the Sushi - didn't know about that one. A definite stop.:D

As this is your last review, what did you think of Celebrity as compared to the other cruise lines?

That is a tough question to answer. Celebrity is a great cruise line and our trip on this cruise was one of our favorites - maybe because it included the premium drink package!:D We have never had a cruise we did not enjoy. But if you go by usage, we have sailed Princess more than any other line - but generally because they had the itinerary that we were looking for. But to answer your question to best of my ability - I would put Celebrity in the top three of our favorite lines.

Jack

That is a tough question to answer. Celebrity is a great cruise line and our trip on this cruise was one of our favorites - maybe because it included the premium drink package!:D We have never had a cruise we did not enjoy. But if you go by usage, we have sailed Princess more than any other line - but generally because they had the itinerary that we were looking for. But to answer your question to best of my ability - I would put Celebrity in the top three of our favorite lines.

Jack

We have been sailing Celebrity a lot lately - mainly because of itinerary.

LOVE the drink package (although we had it on our last Princess cruise because we booked during the Sip and Sail promotion) and the indoor pool on the S class ships.

But my heart belongs to Princess!

Some je ne sais quoi is just better.

Jack

Ok, Princess and Celebrity are in the top three - what is the other one.:D

We have been sailing Celebrity a lot lately - mainly because of itinerary.

LOVE the drink package (although we had it on our last Princess cruise because we booked during the Sip and Sail promotion) and the indoor pool on the S class ships.

But my heart belongs to Princess!

Some je ne sais quoi is just better.

lOL:D Well, my heart may not "belong" to Princes, but I will be sailing on her in a matter of hours and I will raise a glass to all her fans!

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, Princess and Celebrity are in the top three - what is the other one.:D

Sorry to take so long answering, just got back from our two weeks in the Caribbean on the Royal Princess - what a great ship!

Anyway, to answer your question,number three is Viking.

Sorry to take so long answering, just got back from our two weeks in the Caribbean on the Royal Princess - what a great ship!

Anyway, to answer your question,number three is Viking.

SO happy to hear you liked it!

:cool::D:ship:

In your opinion (and experience) what is the main difference between X and Princess? I know there were posts about it, but would be very interested to hear your view? [emoji120][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just got back from our two weeks in the Caribbean on the Royal Princess - what a great ship!

Glad to hear you liked the Royal Princess. I haven't been on that class of Princess ship yet. If you're planning on writing a review, could you please throw us a hint as to where we may find it?

Glad to hear you liked the Royal Princess. I haven't been on that class of Princess ship yet. If you're planning on writing a review, could you please throw us a hint as to where we may find it?

I am out of the review writing game - this was my last one. It was fun while it lasted and thanks for following along.

I am out of the review writing game - this was my last one. It was fun while it lasted and thanks for following along.
Sorry to hear that, but I can totally understand. It was always a treat to find one of Sailor Jack's masterpieces. Thank you so much for all the laughs through the years, and happy sailing on all your future cruises.

In your opinion (and experience) what is the main difference between X and Princess? I know there were posts about it, but would be very interested to hear your view? [emoji120][emoji4]

I have found very little difference between the two lines when it comes to service and food, but for me, the main differences tilt towards Princess:

1. The International Café - a 24 hour food service that we use for breakfast. No lines and freshly prepared egg sandwiches and pastries. The custard filled doughnuts are marvelous.

2. As a veteran, Princess gives me between $200 and $300 shipload credits - depending on the length of the cruise.

3. As a Platinum member we get between 500 and 600 free internet minutes - again, depending on the length of the cruise.

I think both cruse lines are on a par with each other, but because of the above I tend to give the nod to Princess. But I have no problem sailing on Celebrity - as I said before, it is one of my three favorite lines.

Jack

I have found very little difference between the two lines when it comes to service and food, but for me, the main differences tilt towards Princess:

1. The International Café - a 24 hour food service that we use for breakfast. No lines and freshly prepared egg sandwiches and pastries. The custard filled doughnuts are marvelous.

2. As a veteran, Princess gives me between $200 and $300 shipload credits - depending on the length of the cruise.

3. As a Platinum member we get between 500 and 600 free internet minutes - again, depending on the length of the cruise.

I think both cruse lines are on a par with each other, but because of the above I tend to give the nod to Princess. But I have no problem sailing on Celebrity - as I said before, it is one of my three favorite lines.

Jack

I agree.

Also I’m a vegetarian and my husband is a vegan and we find Princess caters to our needs way better (and we sail in Aqua on Celebrity so the smaller restaurant should be more easily able to accommodate).

Also find lately that the crew on Princess seems happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jack

Thank you Jack, I appreciate your thoughtful summary!

We are relatively new to cruising and I appreciate when people explain their preferences. I also enjoy reading your reviews - following links in your signature. You have a real talent for writing! Thank you!