Free at Sea Promotion Question

amallison

We booked a cruise on the Getaway for June 2018 (so far away) last week and I told our TA that we wanted to get the Free at Sea promotion for the UBD and Specialty dining. She said okay and that we could choose the promo we want at any time. I just checked my NCL account and don't see where she chose these 2 promotions. This is only our second trip with NCL so I'm not very familiar with their website.

Where do I look to see if she selected the promotions that we asked for?

If you pull up your reservation on NCL's website, go to vacation summary and scroll down and they should be listed under Onboard Packages and Gifts & More. If you don't see it, call your TA and ask that they get your amenities confirmation from NCL showing the items.

You need to select your Free at Sea promotions at the time of booking (meaning if you are booking through a TA, it is up to him/her to select them at the time of booking). Call your TA back and have him/her add your Free at Sea choices to your booking.

Also FYI, if you are in the US/Canada, your total invoice will increase upon adding these packages, as they do not include the 18% gratuity. It's still an amazing value, though even when paying the gratuities.

We booked a cruise on the Getaway for June 2018 (so far away) last week and I told our TA that we wanted to get the Free at Sea promotion for the UBD and Specialty dining. She said okay and that we could choose the promo we want at any time. I just checked my NCL account and don't see where she chose these 2 promotions. This is only our second trip with NCL so I'm not very familiar with their website.

Where do I look to see if she selected the promotions that we asked for?

A word of caution. Promotions change monthly. Mostly the same, sometimes different. "Pick any time" means pick from what is being offered at the time. Can't go back if the promotions change or the base price goes up so the gratuities go up.

I checked and it's not listed on my vacation summary. I just contacted my TA and asked her to get a confirmation from NCL that they are on there because I'm not seeing it and definitely want to make sure it's there. That's the whole point of us booking now and getting the promotion.

I specifically asked her if she needed to go ahead & select the two promotions that we want and she told me she could add them at any time. It's a little frustrating when you tell them very specifically this is why you're booking and this is what you want and they say they understand but then don't do it!

Thank y'all for your help! Hopefully we'll get this figured out quickly.

Good luck. Let us know how it comes out. It sounds to me like the travel agent dropped the ball.

I agree! She emailed me back within minutes and apologized profusely. She's calling NCL right now to get it taken care of and will send me a confirmation. Thank you again for your help!

I agree! She emailed me back within minutes and apologized profusely. She's calling NCL right now to get it taken care of and will send me a confirmation. Thank you again for your help!
Hopefully it works out. If not, make your Travel Agent (since you have proof it was her fault) pay for your beverage and dining packages.

Hopefully it works out. If not, make your Travel Agent (since you have proof it was her fault) pay for your beverage and dining packages.

It's all worked out! I got a confirmation showing it and I just checked my NCL account and it's exactly where y'all told me it should be! Thank you again!