Paid Upgrades

naples1

Reports are that the ships are mostly sailing full and no upgrades are available at the last minute.

You are probably better off watching the fares after Final Payment (90 days out) and if you see a bargain on a higher category stateroom than you booked, pay the difference then.

In December I was able to buy an upgrade from a AQ-QTY to a SS2 about 10 days before departure. The ship had been sold out, but a suite opened up and I just happened to be checking pricing for our cruise on Celebrity's website and noticed that a suite was available for very close to what we paid for the AQ2. I called the Captains Club and was able to buy-up for $300@. I was also able to keep the AQ booking perks of "Go Best" with a $150 p/p OBC.

We have upgraded from AQ - Suite, Conciegre to Suite and veranda to AQ by doing what Cruisestich suggests and watching prices after final payment and when we see a good deal we call and pay the difference.

More often than not the suites & AQ are sold out or are not bargains; but sometimes you can get lucky.

They had a price reduction on our cruise for June. The balcony cabin was the same as an OV. It was a gty balcony, but we found that if we upgraded to a balcony and used the one upgrade we paid only $28 extra and were able to keep all four perks. We took the upgrade. First time we've been able to do that in a LONG time, and this is our first Celebrity cruise. We're usually on RC.