Pullman bed

nator555

My 14 year old (5'6" or so) son is still able to use the Pullman, its starting to get uncomfortable for him but not too bad so far.

The bed is high enough above you that you are unlikely to hit your head on it unless engaged in athletic activities of some kind ;)

The only issue we have ever run into with him is finding a good place for the ladder where it isn't in the way of one of the adults trying to get up to go to the bathroom at night for example.

Had the Pullman's for a 3 year old and an 18 month old (approx.) on Freedom.

Worked perfectly, and from what I recall headroom for the adults wasn't much of an issue either.

Interesting. Royal Caribbean's "rule" is that you must be 6 or older to be in the Pullman.

The pullman is a twin mattress...even adults can "fit"! But, yes....it's usually over the main bed.

In our case the Pullman's were split. One each side, one per kid.

If you're worried about head room, try for that configuration and just pull one down. Leaves all your headroom on the other side.

Seriously? :o

Too funny! Guessing Royal wouldn't turn down the "discounted" 3rd and 4th passenger rates for something so trivial! :confused:

Maybe they thought Mom and Dad would be using the Pullmans and letting the kids sleep on the bed below!

It is a safety issue and they assume the adults are adulting and arrange sleeping so that the very small children sleep in the beds on the floor or using the pull out couch( if available)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a safety issue and they assume the adults are adulting and arrange sleeping so that the very small children sleep in the beds on the floor or using the pull out couch( if available)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, I've just been reading some other threads after the "6 and up" thing was mentioned.

Turns out to be a vast difference of opinion on this one. Who would've guessed. *sarcasm*

I had no problem putting my kids up there, twice now.

Others won't even think about putting a child up there even at 7 years of age.

Our 1st cruise our teen age son had no issues with the Pullman. I was a bit worried he woukd flo out but as I recall I think there is a pull up bar to keep a person from roling out. If you are still concerned you can take the upper and your child the regular bed. Enjoy your cruise!