Escape Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse Differences

thatjoeguy

Hi all! We sail fairly frequently on NCL (having just made gold) but we're thinking of upgrading to the Haven for the first time on our next cruise. Since several of the couples in our group including us now have young kids, we're planning to do the Escape next winter. I know the aft-facing penthouses are different from floor to floor (balcony size, bedroom/bathroom swap) but was wondering if there is any major difference in the forward-facing penthouses.

At this point, we're mainly looking for a separate bedroom and living room, and the 2-br suites are a bit pricey. How do people like the forward vs the aft penthouses? Any things to consider sailing with a ,2 year old we may not be thinking of for one room or the other? I'm a bit worried that once we said Haven, we won't be able to go back to normal! Thanks so much for all your help!

we sailed Haven last time on a very good upsell deal. we are spoiled forever, but that said, we refuse to pay the outrageous prices, rather booking a regular room and grabbing an upsell or now a bid deal when we can. the lowest haven price ive seen would cost us $5800 for a 7 day sail. we could do 2 cruises in a regular room for that cost. but we are just 2 people, no kids. if you have kids, and only get to vacation once a year, then the money and space is probably worth it.

I cruised over christmas in 14706. Didn't care for this cabin at all. The balcony is a tiny little thing with a little open like window. When in the bedroom you feel like you have just a porthole room. The bathroom was nice but it also is a very very long walk to the elevator and up to the haven. Would never take H7 cabins again. Not worth the money, my mother had a mid -balcony cabin and i thought it was much more open and spent more time in her cabin than mine

I cruised over christmas in 14706. Didn't care for this cabin at all. The balcony is a tiny little thing with a little open like window. When in the bedroom you feel like you have just a porthole room. The bathroom was nice but it also is a very very long walk to the elevator and up to the haven. Would never take H7 cabins again. Not worth the money, my mother had a mid -balcony cabin and i thought it was much more open and spent more time in her cabin than mine
The balcony on 14 is like that. The balconies on other decks (9-13) are not.