Booking next cruise onboard

agracia1

The other question will be if I buy FCC and book later will it require larger deposit? We have booked onboard with $400 deposit ($100pp) and trips I booked online or PCC have been $700 deposit...I just looked at Hal for 10 cruise March 2018 and is asking for $1200 deposit ..Never really paid attention to it but is about 1/3 of total cost

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got two seven day Caribbean cruises booked.

One was a cruise I booked on board. I paid $100 PP deposit.

One was a cruise I booked later using a FCD. I paid $100 PP deposit, the FCD.

The FCD are $100 PP. Holland will accept them as the deposit on most cruises. It's possible that grand voyages, world cruises, and multi-week cruises may be different.

This PDF pretty much explains the costs and benefits.

http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FCD-Program-May-2014.pdf

We were on the Westie in January. I wanted to buy FCD and there were no forms to be found. Every time I went down to their office no one was there and no forms were to be found. I asked the front desk to find me one and they couldn't. An officer came out of a doorway while I was wonder what to do. I asked him if he knew and he got me one from somewhere. The letter for purchasing one did not

Appear in the mailbox until next to the last day. We booked a 22 day cruise when we got back(never did see the consultant in her office...nice work hours!). Initial deposit for that length of cruise was $300/pp with the FCD. We got the welcome back OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FCD are $100 PP. Holland will accept them as the deposit on most cruises. It's possible that grand voyages, world cruises, and multi-week cruises may be different.

Thank you so much for this PDF. Now I have printed the FCD form and will not have to worry about whether one is available on board next week. I can fill it out at home and just hand it in. :cool:

Just my impression but I don't think there is a lot of 'good will' between the on board consultants and the PCCs. I'm pretty sure there is some competition there.

I am sure that there is some competition there, as they both want the bookings.

All is not lost. Just book a cruise for them while on board and pay the minimum deposit. You won't need a mariner's number for them to do that. It would still be a gift so there would still be an 'obligation'.

If they choose not to use it, then it can be cancelled and there will be a refund back to your credit card. They can always switch the reservation to a different one if necessary.

Too many people tend to think that a reservation is written in stone. You can change it. You can cancel it. Not a big deal.

Careful...all the deposits are NOT refundable. Scroll back and you will see Skippers' Mom's story. It's not the first time this has happened. Some FCC's either don't know or don't disclose. Some are very good. The problem is, it's not consistent.

We booked on board last December 2016. The nitwit future cruise consultant failed to inform us that our deposit was nonrefundable(!) or that we needed to purchase insurance at that time!!

Lesson learned. We will only purchase FCC on board and book another cruise after we get home.

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app

Careful...all the deposits are NOT refundable. Scroll back and you will see Skippers' Mom's story. It's not the first time this has happened. Some FCC's either don't know or don't disclose. Some are very good. The problem is' date=' it's not consistent.[/quote']

I'm not sure that is what Skipper's Mom said. Everything I've read is that the Future Cruise Deposits are refundable and, if not used, are automatically refunded after four years.

There are multiple reports in this forum of people being able to request a refund prior to four years. The form I linked to above says they're refundable.

I believe Skipper's Mom was talking about a cruise she booked that had a non-refundable deposit. Different thing.

All is not lost. Just book a cruise for them while on board and pay the minimum deposit. You won't need a mariner's number for them to do that. It would still be a gift so there would still be an 'obligation'.

If they choose not to use it, then it can be cancelled and there will be a refund back to your credit card. They can always switch the reservation to a different one if necessary.

Too many people tend to think that a reservation is written in stone. You can change it. You can cancel it. Not a big deal.

I'm not sure that is what Skipper's Mom said. Everything I've read is that the Future Cruise Deposits are refundable and, if not used, are automatically refunded after four years.

There are multiple reports in this forum of people being able to request a refund prior to four years. The form I linked to above says they're refundable.

I believe Skipper's Mom was talking about a cruise she booked that had a non-refundable deposit. Different thing.

I am sorry if I misread your post (the first quote). I thought you were telling them to book and not worry about a Future Cruise Deposit.

That's what I was talking about and my reason for referencing Skipper's Mom post.

FCD's are a non issue - bookings on board which I thought your post above referenced are.

I am sorry if I misread your post (the first quote). I thought you were telling them to book and not worry about a Future Cruise Deposit.

That's what I was talking about and my reason for referencing Skipper's Mom post.

FCD's are a non issue - bookings on board which I thought your post above referenced are.

Not a problem, my wife will tell you that I often make mistakes and that she frequently has to correct my understanding of things.

The other question will be if I buy FCC and book later will it require larger deposit? We have booked onboard with $400 deposit ($100pp) and trips I booked online or PCC have been $700 deposit...I just looked at Hal for 10 cruise March 2018 and is asking for $1200 deposit ..Never really paid attention to it but is about 1/3 of total cost

No, it won't require a larger deposit (that's the beauty of the FCD, $100 is all that is tied up until final payment), as long as the cruise will be 21 days or less. However, if the future cruise is longer than 21 days, a larger deposit will be required. This just happened to me; I was able to "top up" the deposit for my 28 day cruise.

No, it won't require a larger deposit (that's the beauty of the FCD, $100 is all that is tied up until final payment), as long as the cruise will be 21 days or less. However, if the future cruise is longer than 21 days, a larger deposit will be required. This just happened to me; I was able to "top up" the deposit for my 28 day cruise.

Thank you..I was looking at 10 day

Much thanks for sharing this information. Are you able to use the FCC, with the stockholder benefit, and a big box travel agent booking? Has anyone used all 3? This nurse is trying to do her best with travel allowances. Much thanks for any information.

A couple of notes for those who have asked / talked about purchasing FCD for people who are not on the cruise.

1. If you have any combination of their Name, Mariner Number, phone number, and maybe address and birth date the Consultant on board can easily find their Mariner Number.

2. Anyone who has sailed on any Carnival Corp. line has a Mariner number that can be determined the same as people who have sailed on HAL.

3. I have been told that if you want to purchase a FCD for someone who has never sailed before, the Consultant will have a Mariner Number generated then and there.

One thing to watch out for, I had a problem one time with one of my cards trying to buy a FCD for someone else. Both HAL and the bank said that it was the fault of the other. Also, I have noticed that you will have multiple charges of $100, rather than one total - at least I always have.

I also just checked and the form in the link above is identical to the one I got on Koningsdam 2 weeks ago.

Much thanks for sharing this information. Are you able to use the FCC, with the stockholder benefit, and a big box travel agent booking? Has anyone used all 3? This nurse is trying to do her best with travel allowances. Much thanks for any information.

I have booked on board, transferred to a TA and then applied for our stockholder's benefit. That benefit is available no matter who you book with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk