Trying to kill time waiting for 4:30 PM flight

scomar

Has anyone done the INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY BY BOAT & LAS OLAS BLVD WITH FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TRANSFER excursion with Princess? Trying to kill some time before our 4:30 PM flight. I like the idea of them dropping us off at FLL after the excursion.

Was it any good?

Do you take your luggage with you?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Has anyone done the INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY BY BOAT & LAS OLAS BLVD WITH FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TRANSFER excursion with Princess? Trying to kill some time before our 4:30 PM flight. I like the idea of them dropping us off at FLL after the excursion.

Was it any good?

Do you take your luggage with you?

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

If your airline participates in EZ Check why not do that and be luggage free?

This is a great tour as well.

http://www.carriebcruises.com/

Took an Everglades tour post cruise and it was OK. They did take our luggage with us and took us to FLL y about 1:00 pm. There was another one that went to different places that dropped off at FLL at 2:00 pm. We asked about them at the excursion desk the first full day so we had time to make the decision. Helps pass the time.

I haven't taken that specific disembarkation tour, but there are similarities in how all of them are run (at least at US ports).

Princess disembarkation tours take your luggage on the bus with you to the airport.

You will be given a disembarkation group and baggage tags for the specific tour. If you do not have EZCheck, put your large luggage out the night before. You will disembark, pick up your luggage, and go through customs just like everyone else. You will then take your luggage to the bus for your tour. That entire process is exactly the same as if you were on a Princess transfer to the airport.

One warning: The disembarkation tours generally are some of the first groups off the ship. Don't plan on a leisurely breakfast before leaving the ship - you won't have time.

Hi, we did this tour with a drop off at Miami airport. It was a good way to pass the day. Your luggage goes on the bus and stays there all day. Las Olas bvd isn't particularly exciting, there are some nice cafes and a Cheesecake Factory. We really enjoyed the Carrie B boat trip, you see some amazing houses on the inter coastal, and we went right past Regal Princess in dock!

The only thing that didn't impress us was that before going to the airport we went back to the port to drop off passengers on a B2B and we got stuck in traffic which left us rushing to the airport. Also the tour guide left the bus at the port so if we had been late we had no help. I did complain to princess about this and they refunded the tour which was very generous so I guess it was unusual for that to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can do this on your own without Princess. Just use EZ check (if your airlines participates) and then you can simply make a right turn when you disembark and walk over to the closest water taxi stop which is an easy 10 minute walk. Of course, you are dependent on their schedule but you can decide to get off at any stop offered and then just take an inexpensive UBER or cab to the airport.

I've taken both the Inter coastal Waterways/Las Olas Blvd tour and the Airboat/Flamingo Gardens tour.

Either tour is a great way to spend time before your flight, and then get dropped off at the airport.

You bring your luggage through customs, then drop it off at your tour bus, where your driver loads it and it rides along with you for the day until unloaded at the airport (unless you are using EZ Check for certain airlines, as noted above).