Spa cabin question

tigger54

my husband and I are thinking of taking the 14 day cruise out of California to Hawaii January of 2019 on the Splendor. We are looking at an inside spa cabin on deck 10. We have never done a spa cabin and was wondering if anyone can tell us what the differences are from a regular inside cabin. I read that there are special amenities but it did not go into detail on what they were. Any info. Would be greatly appreciated.

You get access to the spa ammenties, like the therapy pool, saunas, and heated loungers. You also get upgraded shampoo and conditioner as well as robes to use during the duration of your cruise.

We only stay in spa balconys because we love the spa ammenties! We are booked in a spa balcony on the Magic in July!

Another thing I love about the spa cabins- they're SOOO quiet! No drunkards yelling to each other from opposite ends of the hall, no kids running up and down... and it's very close to the spa. I debated just getting the spa package for the week but if we hadn't been as close to the spa as we were I don't know if I'd have used it as much as we did (2-3 times a day for all kinds of different things).

Plus, the linen spray they give you in the spa cabin is AWESOME! I loved it so much our cabin steward gave me a few extra bottles before we left (of course, we 'left' him a little something in return!)

I wasn't that impressed by the spa toiletries. They weren't bad or anything, just nothing special. They were nicer than the stuff in the dispensers. The big benefit to spa cabins is unlimited access to the spa amenities - the heated loungers, steam rooms and thalassao pool (however you spell that.) And you get yellow beach towels! These cabins are high and forward, so you do get more ship movement than lower, midship cabins.

The robes and slippers are upgraded too. Much fancier and the robe is longer and more plush. It's much easier to see your yellow towel when you're looking for your lounger after getting a drink or snack. The cabin decor is nicer but the cabin size is the same. But despite all of that, all I really care about is free access to the spa all week. The hot saunas, dry saunas, heated loungers, and soaking in the heated bubbly water in the Thelasso Therapy pool are what I'm addicted to. 😋

My husband and I are looking at this cruise too:) We had the same question, but we are looking at a spa balcony cabin. How soon should we book?

I would not wait to long because spa balconies can fill up fast

Remember you can always book it and if you change your mind cancel or change your room

My husband and I are looking at this cruise too:) We had the same question, but we are looking at a spa balcony cabin. How soon should we book?

We will never book lower than a balcony cabin. We prefer Spa balcony. We are currently scheduled to sail on the Sunshine April 14 in a Spa balcony, cabin 10107 ... and again in February 2018 on the Sunshine in a Spa Suite 12002. Both of these spa cabins were booked within a week of the sailings opening up. Over the weekend we booed a 7 day Bermuda for Nov 2018 and there were NO spa cabins available, so we opted for a regular suite mid ship.

Another thing about spa cabins, which I didn't see mentioned, is most give you priority spa reservations, free fitness classes (yoga, spin classes, etc.) and discounts on spa treatments. They will also make accommodations for spa changes easier if requested (For example, our most recent cruise we wanted to do the sea salt & ginger lime glow couples massage. It was not offered on this boat as a couples massage, only single, but when requested they made arrangements b/c of the spa cabin). The cabin decor and colors are different from the standard deck rooms and more relaxing/appealing IMO. We pretty much live in the spa so ... this is well worth it.