Not able to prepay service charges

Jetlagged787

If I go to My NCL and click on 'Pre-Pay Service Charges' I get a message, "We are unable to display this option at this time." It has said this since I made my final payment.

I booked through a UK TA and am 81 days out from cruising. Is it that we cannot prepay this charge in the UK, any other reason or just another website error?

An update. As suggested by some folk, I called NCL who to me that she could update my booking but that I would have to go back to my TA to pay. I left it a couple of days and found that I was now able to access the item on the NCL website and pay there.

Now the really good bit and of particular interest to those in the UK. On the NCL website, the service charges are shown as $13.50 per person per day, so for our 10 day cruise a total of $270. If you pre-pay that in the UK the amount us ?170 which at today's exchange rate is only $208. Result! :)

Now the really good bit and of particular interest to those in the UK. On the NCL website, the service charges are shown as $13.50 per person per day, so for our 10 day cruise a total of $270. If you pre-pay that in the UK the amount us ?170 which at today's exchange rate is only $208. Result! :)

Yes, always prepay the service charge if you are in the UK. It is ?8.50 a day, which was a very low price even before the exchange rate crashed.

Depending on when you booked there may also be some benefit in buying on board credit to cover your onboard spend, or prepay for anything you know you will want to buy (internet, dining or beverage packages if not included etc) as the exchange rate for those is set at the time you book the cruise.

I can buy OBC for my upcoming cruise at over $1.5/?1