Review & Pics of the Anthem. 7 Night Florida & Bahamas 2/19-2/26/17

Moltar

You had mentioned getting tender tickets in the morning. Where did you get them and how early can you get them?

Thanks!

I don't know if you will have to get tender tickets, because you have reserved the loungers. They may give you priority tender tickets.

Did you do the Space center on your own or through the ship? If on your own, can you say how you made the arrangements, or what tour company you used? I would love to make sure that we have the time to see the exhibits in your pictures, which by the way, are great photos!

Thanks!

Kathy

Kathy, I have done Kennedy on my own overtime--Thrifty car rental has shuttle-preregister-- gives you plenty of time. about 40 min to get car-40min to get to KSC tour on your own for about 51/2 back to Ron John surf shop -return car -shuttle back to port.. Save$$$ family of 4

My wife says get them the night before. Ask you room attendant or somebody on staff where to go. She says it was Two70. Just make sure. We didn't get ours to late morning.

Thank you.

Final Thoughts.

Dining - We ate at Wonderland, The Grande and Jamies Italian. Wonderland was another great dining experience. Service and Food A+. The Late Seating at The Grande was one of the best Main Dining Room experiences we have ever had. The Grande A++. Jamie's Italian. Service was not good. We waited for close to 20 minutes to even have our waiter come identify herself. Then when we tell her we are ready to order everything, drinks, apps, mains, she says just give me one minute and doesn't come back for almost 10 minutes. Next, after the drinks, she pretty much cuts my wife off and tells us what were going to eat and what shes going to bring. I immediately said "Umm NO, We know exactly what we want to order so please take our order", So she does. There were 7 of us. We told her to bring 2 meat planks and 2 veggie planks, she says I will just make each plank for 7 people. OK. Well no, she doesn't she brings out 1 plank each of the normal size. We ordered other apps to which she said she would make for 7 but never did. Enough of her. I really really wanted to give her a piece of my mind. Food - A+, Service - F. Lunch was in both the The Grande and Windjammer. The Grande was really good and the Windjammer was your traditional windjammer, which isn't a bad thing. The Grande - A+. Windjammer - B.

Entertainment - Spectra's Cabaret - A-. The Gift - N/A We Will Rock You - B+. Music Hall - A+. We noticed some new slight new elements to Spectra's that definitely made the show more interesting. They added some sort of 3D effect with the screen that move and the ones in the background working in unison to create what I thought was a 3D type affect from the screen. I enjoyed it. Have yet to see The Gift and We Will Rock You was pretty good. Best show of all though was the Journey Cover Band, DSB. They were sooooo good. The lead singer needs to be on The Voice or something. The notes he could hit. Unreal. What a show!

Features - I have some issues here. This ship was fully booked. 4,900 plus guests. It's main features in my opinion are iFly, Bumper Cars, Robotic Bar, Flowrider, NorthStar. They are all essentially eye candy. With a ship that has so many people onboard you cannot enjoy these features. Only a rushed quick experience or never getting the chance at all. The Robotic Bar is open at weird and short hours. It should remain open like the other bars or at least 11 to 11 or something. Bumper Cars, The line to get on these things was crazy long. They only do 2 hours of Bumper Cars a few times during the cruise. Again, felt like it was more of a feature to say "Hey look what we got" but in reality its like "Hey! look what we have but really can't enjoy." iFly you get about 1 minute of time, that's it. no more. Money has no power here, that is it for the entire cruise because it is fully booked and has to get everyone on to ride it. Again, look what we have but cant really enjoy. NorthStar now only goes straight up and longer over the sides of the ship to save time and get everyone on. I guess my point is with ships this big now, you need two of these things to get any enjoyment out of them. 2 iFly's, 2, Flowriders, 4 hours of Bumpers cares a few days a week instead of 2 hours. Robotic Bar has to have hours like any normal bar instead of short little intervals here n there. NorthStar's coolest view is now gone. Oh, I seriously did not see 1 person use the Rock Climbing Wall. Not one. I think that feature has wore itself out. So in my opinion, if you are all about doing these activities and think there is ample space and time, think again. So my grade for this cruise is a C.

Room - D1 balcony with pullout bed. Room 7660. Loved it. Our room was on the corner of the hump so we had a bigger then normal balcony. Only 2 floors from the Esplanade. I love the rooms on Anthem. The bathrooms especially. We didn't use the pullout bed, its rock hard anyway. Room - A+.

Bars - My go to bar was at The Music Hall, top floor. My drink was the Caribou. I had the Ultimate Drink Package and it was very much worth it. Anything and everything that can be drank is covered.

Pools - No complaints. Rarely used them.

Overall Grade - B+

Kathy, I have done Kennedy on my own overtime--Thrifty car rental has shuttle-preregister-- gives you plenty of time. about 40 min to get car-40min to get to KSC tour on your own for about 51/2 back to Ron John surf shop -return car -shuttle back to port.. Save$$$ family of 4

Thanks for the info!

NorthStar now only goes straight up and longer over the sides of the ship to save time

Sorry, do you mean *no* longer over the sides? even while under way? I read it doesn't go to the sides when docked. thanks

Sorry, do you mean *no* longer over the sides? even while under way? I read it doesn't go to the sides when docked. thanks

Even when cruising out in the open ocean, no more over the side.

What camera and lens do you use? Your photos with their vivid colors are beautiful. The Lightning is spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nikon D3300, Lens I was using was Nikon AFS DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II.

Program to fine tune my images: Adobe Lightroom

great review. i'm sad about north star. do you think on a 9 day december cruise they may go over the side?

im' interested in details of KSC and i have no problem playing 89 for the ship one since its 50 at the gate. but i'm unsure how the tour works. do you get to stand on the launch pad or is that something you pay extra for once you get there? basically are you getting some kind of special tour or just what you get if you walk up yourself. i missed KSC because of a late ship last year and i want to make sure since i'm there all day this time that i get to see what i want

great review. i'm sad about north star. do you think on a 9 day december cruise they may go over the side?

10 day cruise last december over the christmas holidays, and north star did not go over the side of the ship, only up and down.