Review & Pics of the Anthem. 7 Night Florida & Bahamas 2/19-2/26/17

Moltar

DSC_0067-2_zps7bvndfxk.jpg

We just got back yesterday from the Anthem of the Seas that sailed to Port Canaveral, Florida and then onto Coco Cay and Nassau, Bahamas. This was our second time on Anthem. We sailed her in October while they still had Dynamic Dining. We had a total of 7 people with us. Me, my wife, my 3 year old, 3 of her cousins and a family friend. 2 of them have never cruised before. Our age range goes from mid 30's to late 40's and of course my 3 year old.

Day 1. Cape Liberty, New Jersey.

We live within an hour of Bayonne (Cape Liberty). We booked a limo for 10am. Once we got to the port it took about 15 minutes to get up to a spot to unload. When all was said & done we were onboard by 11:30 or so. We all went for lunch at the Solarium Bistro. To be honest I don't even remember what I had. I don't remember it being bad though!

After lunch it was only a few minutes to 1pm. We headed down to Deck 7. Balcony room 7660. I really like the layout of the rooms like I said in my first Anthem review. I didn't take any shots of the room. Sorry. I'm not good in small spaces with photo but you can rest assured you will love the bathroom, USB ports for charging, Much more space for clothes and such while at the same time making the room feel more spacious.

We set sail around 3:30ish I believe so I headed up to watch pass under the Verrazano Bridge. Awesome. It is such a fun way to kick off your vacation. It feels like your breaking past some boundary into the relax, unwind, have fun, enjoy yourself zone! Went back to the room to relax a little and watch the sunset on the balcony. It was almost 75 degrees that day. You couldn't have dreamed of the weather being any better for February 19.

DSC_0001_zpsuak9h5n6.jpg

We had Wonderland booked for the first night at 8pm. We loved our experience there the first time so it was a no brainer to reserve again. All 7 of us went. They had some new dishes as well. We enjoyed every dish thoroughly and ambiance.

DSC_0019_zpsi1dju3ix.jpg

DSC_0028_zpsutxqxla3.jpg

DSC_0014_zps5cojyfef.jpg

We didn't wrap up dinner till almost 11. Went back to the room and relaxed on the balcony s bit before heading to bed. The sunrise the next morning was beautiful.

DSC_0043_zpspevvonfo.jpg

Day 2 at Sea coming right up!

Day 2 at Sea.

I wokeup early, 6:15-6:30 and went out with my camera for some shots.

DSC_0074_zpsxze25txd.jpg

DSC_0054_zpshoqi5zwo.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsa5s9w28m.jpg

DSC_0067_zpsahznsgvg.jpg

DSC_0086_zps10vfyns9.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsbmmev31c.jpg

More pictures from early on in Day 2 at Sea coming up!

Edited by Moltar

Day 2 at Sea.

I had breakfast that morning at the Windjammer at around 7:30, I love their fresh squeezed OJ. I headed to the SeaPlex to take some photos.

DSC_0144_zpsikbumve7.jpg

DSC_0149_zps7zf3ive0.jpg

DSC_0153_zpsqpkb0ow6.jpg

DSC_0158_zpsjefrq4lz.jpg

DSC_0161_zps2lvbkwt7.jpg

My wife and little guy woke up around 11 so once they were out n about we had lunch in the Windjammer as well. All of my meals there were good, no complaints. I must say though, the lunch in the MDR is much better. The last 2 sea days I went to lunch there and for now on that will be my go to spot for lunch. The crispy pork belly is amazingly good. I highly recommend you give the MDR a try for lunch on a sea day. We took the little guy to the open play room at Adventure Ocean. He loves it in there especially with the slide.

I took him to SeaPlex and let him try the racing games even though he had no idea what was going on.

Pictures of SeaPlex Arcade Up next and onto Day 3 at Port Canaveral.

Probably a strange question, but are those chairs hard or do they have a little give? We are sailing next week and they look awfully comfy :)

I never sat on them unfortunately :(

Day 2 at Sea Wrap Up

The night prior we ate at Wonderland so tonight was our first experience in the Main Dining Room. We had the late seating at 8:15 in The Grande. I must say, this was one of the best dining experiences from top to bottom. The service, the food, the cappuccino after, everything was just top notch. My wife and her cousins are Filipino as was our our waiter, Christian and every night on top of what we ordered from the menu we also got Filipino dishes that were beyond good!! Our head waiter Armagan (pronounced Arman) from Turkey came through on our request to have that happen. He also made an appearance every night we were in the dining room. One of the reasons I fell in love with cruising was our experiences in the main dining room.

Last October we sailed on Anthem while they still had Dynamic Dining. We reserved online and everything went smoothly with reservations. What we didn't like was the non personal service, different hurried wait staff every night, Dinner always felt hurried. After trying both, I am very happy they went back to traditional dining and My Time Dining. I cannot speak for My Time but the service and food for our 8:15 seating was something to be remembered. Couldn't have asked for better especially with 2 new cruisers. They fell in love with dinner time too!

After dinner, it was either this night or last night, don't remember exactly I went to Music Hall and watched this absolutely phenomenal Journey cover bad. CMD or CME or something. They were on point! Also, I highly, highly recommend you try the "Caribou" cocktail from the Music Hall. THE BEST. Drank it all week. Also, super easy to make, dark rum, malibu run, pineapple juice. Boom. Any bar can make it too because that is all it consists of and the taste my friends is sooo good. Onto Port Canaveral.

Day 3. Port Canaveral, Florida.

Woke up around 8 or so and got some breakfast sandwiches and fresh squeezed OJ from cafe 270. Great light breakfast sandwiches can be found their and more. I highly recommend. We docked around 11:30 or so and we're off the ship by noon heading Kennedy Space Center. My wife's cousins and friend went to Gatorland in Orlando. It was must we went to Kennedy Space Center and so happy we did. I can't wait to go back again. If you have even the slightest interest in space and NASA, this is a must see place. We were able to go on our own and meet back at 6 or so. What a blast. Here are some pics. If you are debating if you should do this excursion, DO IT. The Apollo Missions exhibit is a MUST SEE. It is not part of the main park if you will and you need to take a bus to get there. It was part of our excursion and we went there first before being taken to the main Kennedy Space Center exhibits.

DSC_0266_zpsajf5xvq6.jpg

DSC_0231_zpsqweidubd.jpg

DSC_0235_zpshiw6xgbg.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsqubbwcoz.jpg

DSC_0255_zps9mccjxoj.jpg

DSC_0262_zpsw4wzes4o.jpg

my friends are going shopping but I'm on the ship's Kennedy Space Center tour... Now I'm even more excited!!!

You're going to love it. There is so much to see. Our bus guide was interesting too. Learned about SpaceX, China's interest in the moon and space, and more. Awesome excursion, better then I expected.

Day 2 at Sea Wrap Up

After dinner, it was either this night or last night, don't remember exactly I went to Music Hall and watched this absolutely phenomenal Journey cover bad. CMD or CME or something. They were on point! Also, I highly, highly recommend you try the "Caribou" cocktail from the Music Hall. THE BEST. Drank it all week. Also, super easy to make, dark rum, malibu run, pineapple juice. Boom. Any bar can make it too because that is all it consists of and the taste my friends is sooo good.

The band is DSB. I've seen them on 3 different Anthem cruises, and I've heard people say they are better than the original Journey. Great band.

You're going to love it. There is so much to see. Our bus guide was interesting too. Learned about SpaceX, China's interest in the moon and space, and more. Awesome excursion, better then I expected.

Moltar--you have inspired me to take a photography course!! You certainly have the eye--all i am ready for is point and shoot. Thanks for the pictures--What camera for ship pictures???