Review & Pics of the Anthem. 7 Night Florida & Bahamas 2/19-2/26/17

Moltar

Moltar--you have inspired me to take a photography course!! You certainly have the eye--all i am ready for is point and shoot. Thanks for the pictures--What camera for ship pictures???

I use the Nikon D3300. You can use your IPhone as well. It's more about the shot and touching up then it is about the camera. Thank you for your compliment. More photos coming after work tonight.

Moltar--you have inspired me to take a photography course!! You certainly have the eye--all i am ready for is point and shoot. Thanks for the pictures--What camera for ship pictures???

As my niece who is a photographer says; when you have a good meal, do you compliment the oven?

Day 2 at Sea.

I had breakfast that morning at the Windjammer at around 7:30, I love their fresh squeezed OJ. I headed to the SeaPlex to take some photos.

DSC_0144_zpsikbumve7.jpg

DSC_0149_zps7zf3ive0.jpg

DSC_0153_zpsqpkb0ow6.jpg

DSC_0158_zpsjefrq4lz.jpg

DSC_0161_zps2lvbkwt7.jpg

My wife and little guy woke up around 11 so once they were out n about we had lunch in the Windjammer as well. All of my meals there were good, no complaints. I must say though, the lunch in the MDR is much better. The last 2 sea days I went to lunch there and for now on that will be my go to spot for lunch. The crispy pork belly is amazingly good. I highly recommend you give the MDR a try for lunch on a sea day. We took the little guy to the open play room at Adventure Ocean. He loves it in there especially with the slide.

I took him to SeaPlex and let him try the racing games even though he had no idea what was going on.

Pictures of SeaPlex Arcade Up next and onto Day 3 at Port Canaveral.

Great review, I was on the ship last week as well. I was the one on the bumper cars when my car started to shoot sparks! The crew handled it very quickly getting it disconnected and off the court so they can continue the battle.

I use the Nikon D3300. You can use your IPhone as well. It's more about the shot and touching up then it is about the camera. Thank you for your compliment. More photos coming after work tonight.

I love your pictures. Do you use photoshop?

Did you do the Space center on your own or through the ship? If on your own, can you say how you made the arrangements, or what tour company you used? I would love to make sure that we have the time to see the exhibits in your pictures, which by the way, are great photos!

Thanks!

Kathy

Did you do the Space center on your own or through the ship? If on your own, can you say how you made the arrangements, or what tour company you used? I would love to make sure that we have the time to see the exhibits in your pictures, which by the way, are great photos!

Thanks!

Kathy

We booked through the cruise line. After the Apollo exhibit our guide gave the option of exploring on our own and meeting back at the bus at 6:45 or follow him. we chose to go on around on our own and meet back later.

Day 3 - Wrap Up.

We got back to the ship around 7:30. We had another great dinner at The Grande and afterwards I enjoyed a few cocktails at The Music Hall.

DSC_0001-2_zpsgaqluftc.jpg

Day 4 - Coco Cay, Bahamas.

I must say right off the bat, with ships this big, tendering is a nightmare! We did not book any excursion just planned to have a nice beach day. They were announcing ticket numbers on who can board a tender, the ticket numbers went up to like 60 or higher. We were 59. They were still announcing tender ticket numbers at 12 noon. Ridiculous. We just decided to go down to the tender boarding area and see whats whats, they were on number 52. They weren't even checking numbers, we got down there, no line whatsoever, one of the staff members radios to send more people down. We got right on the tender and headed to Coco Cay. Again, with ships carrying 4000+, tendering is a horrible, time consuming way to get off the ship. We docked at 8 or 9 and they were still calling tender ticket numbers well past noon after we got onto Coco Cay. So onto Coco Cay. The weather was warmer in NJ then it was at Coco Cay. Seriously. low 70's with gray skies and very windy. We still had a good time! Here are some pictures from Coco Cay.

DSC_0023_zpse8y3al7y.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsarrhogba.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsjy2poehc.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsatukslov.jpg

DSC_0071_zpslookzucs.jpg

Day 4 Wrap Up Coming Up!

We booked through the cruise line. After the Apollo exhibit our guide gave the option of exploring on our own and meeting back at the bus at 6:45 or follow him. we chose to go on around on our own and meet back later.

So is the tour longer than stated? My cruise planner says tour is over at 5:30. Read somewhere that KSC closes at 6. I have reservations at Wonderland for 7...

I'm enjoying your review. We were also on this cruise.

I must say right off the bat, with ships this big, tendering is a nightmare! We did not book any excursion just planned to have a nice beach day. They were announcing ticket numbers on who can board a tender, the ticket numbers went up to like 60 or higher. We were 59. They were still announcing tender ticket numbers at 12 noon. Ridiculous. We just decided to go down to the tender boarding area and see whats whats, they were on number 52. They weren't even checking numbers, we got down there, no line whatsoever, one of the staff members radios to send more people down. We got right on the tender and headed to Coco Cay. Again, with ships carrying 4000+, tendering is a horrible, time consuming way to get off the ship. We docked at 8 or 9 and they were still calling tender ticket numbers well past noon after we got onto Coco Cay. So onto Coco Cay. The weather was warmer in NJ then it was at Coco Cay. Seriously. low 70's with gray skies and very windy. We still had a good time! Here are some pictures from Coco Cay.

We had a difference experience getting of at CocoCay. One of the people in our group of 10 got us tender tickets at around 7:20. We were going to meet him, texted to see where he was and he came out with the tickets for all of us. We were group 5 i think. We were still at breakfast when they started the tendering process, in fact our number was called before we headed back to the cabins to either change or get our beach bag.

We went down to tender and while waiting on the rest of our party we had a nice conversation with the staff. She was telling us that she had people yelling at her that they were not off yet and it wasn't even 10am when we were supposed to start tendering.

So is the tour longer than stated? My cruise planner says tour is over at 5:30. Read somewhere that KSC closes at 6. I have reservations at Wonderland for 7...

You are right, I am wrong. We met at 5:45, not 6:45. I apologize.

You are right, I am wrong. We met at 5:45, not 6:45. I apologize.

so would that mean you got back to the ship around 6:30 (and not 7:30 as stated). Don't mean to be picky, just wondering if I need to push the Wonderland reservation back...

And your pics make me so happy I decided to visit KSC instead of going shopping with friends!!!!

so would that mean you got back to the ship around 6:30 (and not 7:30 as stated). Don't mean to be picky, just wondering if I need to push the Wonderland reservation back...

Yes. We got back around 6:30-45. Its about a 45 minute drive to and from KSC.

Day 4 - Wrap Up.

After about 2 our 3 hours on the beach we got on line to get back on board. Once back on the Anthem we ordered some snacks from Michael's Genuine Pub. The $15 dollar snack board was really good. Loved it actually. Great little finger food.

DSC_0067-3_zpsnbkrmrcs.jpg

DSC_0061-2_zpsw9g0kxdb.jpg

Another night at The Grande and another great meal and service. I had the drink package and I took full advantage of it. This was my first time with the all inclusive drink package and for now on I will be getting it. I highly recommend. Every morning, afternoon, and night I would get something nice from La Patisserie in the Esplanade. Either a Frappucino at night or a cappuccino in the morning. Also always seemed to grab a little snack at Cafe Promenade (Why didn't they name it Cafe Esplanade?)

DSC_0080_zpsu8a1hvbj.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsdubj6nys.jpg

DSC_0075_zps2sd4rhvu.jpg

DSC_0086-2_zpsv1xdlag2.jpg

Did some shopping at the Royal Shop in the Esplanade as well and then called it a night. We had Atlantis scheduled for tomorrow at Nassau!

Day 5 - Nassau, Bahamas Up Next!

Day 5 - Nassau, Bahamas

DSC_0011-2_zpstb5xd8ci.jpg

We booked an excursion on our own for Atlantis. We stayed at Atlantis before in 2012 and we loved it. We pretty much spent the day at the giant kids pool relaxing. Went to the beach, explored the property to see all the sea life. Her cousins and friends went on the awesome lazy river, the best I have ever been on and enjoyed the sun and property as well. Lines for the slides were way too long so we didn't even bother.

IMG_1024_zpsieej2p7d.jpg

IMG_1104_zpsgetz3zry.jpg

IMG_1089_zpszmhshvah.jpg

IMG_1107_zpspzfqcfjc.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsy9uaebtu.jpg

More of Atlantis Coming Up Next!

Thanks for sharing all your awesome photos.

How is the new dining ventures working out since they eliminated Dynamic Dining ?

We had the late seating at 8:15 and it was outstanding. I couldn't have asked for it being any better. Food, waitstaff, everything, top notch.

The band is DSB. I've seen them on 3 different Anthem cruises, and I've heard people say they are better than the original Journey. Great band.

Thank you! Yes they were the highlight show for me.

Great review! Do you pick up tender tickets in the morning? If so, where? Can you book them

Ahead of time or the night before? Thank you again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely morning of, not sure of night before.