Can I make an 11:40am flight from LAX?

USCAdventurer

I think you might be OK. Get off as early as you can (walk off) and grab a taxi. They have flat (set) fares from the port. (Was it $60 or $65?) I can't recall price.

It might be a little stressful, but you can probably get there fine. Hopefully the lines for checking luggage at the airport won't be terrible. I had a 11:30 AM flight on a Monday, and BARELY made my flight. I told the Taxi driver I was in a rush to catch my flight so he "changed routes" and got me there as fast as he could. He kept the meter running, which I thought was odd since it's a flat fee, but maybe it was to show me it "could have" cost me more? No idea.

We encountered freeway traffic, airport traffic and I had LONG lines to check luggage, but I made it as they were boarding (missed my boarding group), but I was traveling for 10 hours so I didn't care!! Just happy I didn't have to wait in LAX till the next flight out! I would have preferred a flight after noon but it was not an option

Good luck!

thank you all for your advice. i'm flying southwest to tucson and the next departures are at 3:30 and 5pm and i don't want to have to hang around LAX that long. hopefully the sunday morning traffic won't be too bad and i do have tsa precheck so hopefully it won't be bad. i'm glad to know there is a flat rate from the port to LAX. that's a big relief.

my ship arrives los angeles on a sunday morning at 7am. if i walk off the ship carrying my own bags, as soon as possible, can i make an 11:40am flight from LAX?

thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes do the self walk off in the first group.

I would take Uber/taxi.

thank you all for your advice. i'm flying southwest to tucson and the next departures are at 3:30 and 5pm and i don't want to have to hang around LAX that long. hopefully the sunday morning traffic won't be too bad and i do have tsa precheck so hopefully it won't be bad. i'm glad to know there is a flat rate from the port to LAX. that's a big relief.

Being a Sunday you should have even less of a worry. Traffic won't be nearly as bad.

I think you will be OK! TSA precheck helps a ton!!

I love Tucson!! Have a safe flight home!! Enjoy your cruise!

my ship arrives los angeles on a sunday morning at 7am. if i walk off the ship carrying my own bags, as soon as possible, can i make an 11:40am flight from LAX?

thanks in advance for your advice.

Sure you will as long as the ship docks and cleared as scheduled.