Carnival Breeze-spa cabins and cove balconies?

1Texansgo

I have seen some comments about spa cabins. Are the cabins any larger than others? Do those who have stayed in them believe they are worth the additional cost? If so, did you stay in the spas for several hours daily? I am trying to determine the pros and cons. Also, cove balconies seem to get much conversation which I assume are balconies on the second and third decks. Again, what are the reasons that you enjoy these cabins as opposed to those on higher decks?

I can't speak to spa cabins but I can offer an opinion on cove balconies. A cove balcony is in the shade so if you are a lay in sun person you won't like a cove, if however, you enjoy sitting on the balcony but find it too hot, a cove balcony is for you. Also, the sound of the ocean on a cove is a great advantage to a cove and they are the cheapest category of balcony cabins. We just had our first cove on the Breeze last week and have been discussing the differences between cove and regular balconies, and we give the edge to the cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We prefer spa cabins on the ships that have thermal suites. For a while we were booking cabins in other areas and buying a spa pass, but we have found that we really prefer the cabins in the spa area and the last few we booked even worked out to be less cost (yay!)

We do spend more time in the spa (saunas, t-pool, ceramic loungers) than we would when our cabin was located elsewhere, love how quiet the area is, and while the cabins are not larger they are better appointed - colors more subdued, elemis products provided (shampoo, conditioner, body wash).

Have to say that overall for us the spa cabins are a wonderful get away, like a cruise within a cruise, if that makes any sense.

We stayed in a spa cabin on the Dream and are booked for one on the Breeze next year. We LOVED the spa and felt it was worth every penny of the extra money. From what I understand the rooms aren't any bigger. But the perks are very nice and we loved being able to go to the spa anytime to relax, it was a short walk away and we did use it often-going at least once a day for at least an hour at a time.

The spa on the Breeze is great, so we don't mind paying the extra money for those cabins. The rooms are the same size as any other room, but you get unlimited access to the thermal suites and the amazing thalassotherapy pool. I usually spend an hour there in the morning and an hour in the afternoon/evening. It's never been crowded when I've been there before so it's great to escape the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spa Balconies are awesome. The noticeable differences are when exiting the glass elevators on deck 12, first thing you smell is eucalyptus. The halls are extremely quiet, no screaming kids or adults. The robe is so much more plush than the regular robes, slippers aren't too shabby either. My wife really like the Elemis shampoo and spa products. The Spa is just a bonus to everything else mentioned

My husband and I always choose a Cove Balcony when on ships that offer them. We love being super close to the water and being able to see the details of the fish and dolphins as they (or is that we?) pass by. Mind you though, we are both of northern European decent and have the terribly pale skin to prove it, so neither of us does well with prolonged sun exposure. This is another reason we love the Cove Balconies...they are enclosed so you can always find a spot out of the direct sun while giving a large amount of privacy. Enjoy your cruise!

For many of the same reasons mentioned above, we also prefer spa balconies. We spend a LOT of time in the spa ... love the smell ... enjoy the products better. We also like the fact that it is much quieter and no kids. We like the priority spa reservations as well.

Recently, we have only been booking spa suites on short(er) 7 or 8 day cruises - we like the larger cabin, walk in closet, double sinks, and larger room. However, we will book a regular balcony if the cruise is 10 days or longer, depending on itinerary just to save a few $.

It's preference really. I wish we were rich enough to book all long cruises and all spa suites ... but such is life. We take it where we can.

We had a Cove Balcony (#2397) on Breeze last November. LOVED IT.... We have always done regular Balconies but decided to try the Coves and will stay with Coves for now on. My sister (the Elder) is a cabin dweller and she (and I) enjoy sitting out there and reading. But I also always find a quiet place on outside deck and inside somewhere to read. This time I spent the majority of my time on the Balcony. The sound of the water was so relaxing. I also just loved to sit and watch the water. The Cove also has a 'ledge' that is perfect for a foot rest. It really was the most relaxing to me.

THe Breeze was a great ship and we loved her. It was so easy to navigate and didn't feel big at all. I can understand why it is a lot of peoples favorite ship. We are going on the Dream this December, which is almost the same at the Breeze.

Enjoy your Cruise and the Breeze.