Anthem of the Seas Bed Placement

I wold love to piggy back on this :) We are in 9164 (D3) on the Anthem next week. If anyone knows the layout, that would be awesome. We are hoping for the sofa near the balcony :)

Thanks in advance

Jess

I believe most people have this question in mind when they book. Why doesn't RCCL have that info available on the website or is that a stupid question?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

On Oasis class ships, when you have connecting rooms, the room on the right (facing the doors) has the bed by the balcony. "Right is right". Count over from there.

I believe most people have this question in mind when they book. Why doesn't RCCL have that info available on the website or is that a stupid question?

That level of detail is way too complicated for RC to handle on their website. They have their hands full trying to stop bookings getting cancelled by mistake.

I had read somewhere that cabins with sleeper sofas on Anthem have the sofas by the balcony. For the life of me I cannot find where I read that but I hope it is accurate.

We are on anthem now and I know the cabins on either side of us have sleep sofas. I will try to look in the next time I see the door open. We are in 8142 and we do not have a sofabed. Our bed is by the balcony.

We are on anthem now and I know the cabins on either side of us have sleep sofas. I will try to look in the next time I see the door open. We are in 8142 and we do not have a sofabed. Our bed is by the balcony.

Thanks!

That level of detail is way too complicated for RC to handle on their website. They have their hands full trying to stop bookings getting cancelled by mistake.

That certainly is sad but true! :o

Like S class ships, count from connecting rooms or rooms labeled with triangle/square. The triangle and the R side of connecting rooms (look at rooms from the hallway)all have bed by bathroom.

It is fine, though we would have preferred something closer to midship. It is just a personal preference.

Enjoy your first cruise!:)

Thank you! Do you think we could fit a 3rd chair on the balcony? Do you know if they could get us a 3rd or use the desk chair?

Sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

i think most people would like to have flashing lights on all open cabins on every deck but we will never have that

Thank you! Do you think we could fit a 3rd chair on the balcony? Do you know if they could get us a 3rd or use the desk chair?

Sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread!

I think it would be tight but it should fit. Ask your cabin steward. The desk chair is a low back upholstered chair. Wouldn't be too comfy for very long.

My thought on this is because to most people who book a cruise, bed placement is not a factor in making a cabin decision. Might be a case of TMI to put this in the description.

This never even enters our thought process when booking a cabin.

My thought on this is because to most people who book a cruise, bed placement is not a factor in making a cabin decision. Might be a case of TMI to put this in the description.

This never even enters our thought process when booking a cabin.

some people like to sleep next to the ocean and prefer to be away from a noisy hallway door. when paying a few thousand for a room. i believe its best to have all info for every cabin

some people like to sleep next to the ocean and prefer to be away from a noisy hallway door. when paying a few thousand for a room. i believe its best to have all info for every cabin

I get your point but being 6 feet further from the door is not going to make any difference with regards to noise.

If they listed bed placement, where do they draw the line at listing other things (is the TV on the wall or does it take up space on the vanity, how many drawers are there, etc.). The cruise lines weigh the impact of listing certain things that have the most impact on the most people. Bed placement is not one of those things.

You see a lot of questions on this board about bed placement because people come here specifically looking for it - but on list of questions RCCL gets, this is probably ranked very low on the "frequently asked questions" list. If it was asked a lot, they'd list it in the description.

You are correct, that is exactly right.