Any incentives to book future cruise while on board?

sunny2runner

How do Future Cruise Credits work?

We are going on an April cruise and may want to book a December cruise. We are wondering if there will be any in cruise incentives to book on board.

None that I know of. We only booked a future cruise once while onboard. A new sale started mid-cruise, and we wanted to be sure to get the cabin of our choice. Also, we were out of FCC's so we bought them and used them for the deposit.

FCD's....buy them on your cruise, you pay $100 for one. They are charged to your credit card onboard not to your onboard account. They are good for 2 years. When they are used (only first 2 in the cabin can) they act as a $100 deposit and depending on the cabin type/length of cruise you get an OBC for your next cruise that you use them on. One passenger can use one or both can use one. There is an OBC for each of the first 2 that use the FCD.

There is no limit to how many you can keep on your account for future use.

They can be extended if they get close to expiring.

We never book onboard. We just purchase FCD's and search/book when we get home. ;)

We always buy FCCs while onboard. But the only time I booked a cruise while on a cruise was because there was a promotion for the cruise I wanted, and it was going to expire before we got home. :)

The reason to purchase them is not only for the fact that you can use the $100 as your complete deposit on a future cruise but for the on board credit they provide when used to book a cruise. On our next cruise my wife and I will each receive $150 OBC simply for having used the FCD to book the cruise.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

On one of our recent cruises (Nov/Dec 2016), the FCD form at the Future Cruise office had an offer of extra OBC if you book while on the cruise for cruises in England/North Atlantic area.

I didn't pay a lot of attention, cuz that particular region isn't on our radar at the moment.

So, it does happen.