First timer tips please 😀

lindyloo17

I would go with 14 or 5. On 12 you will have noisy decks above you. You might hear chair scraping, etc. from Lido deck. If you don't mind being in a forward cabin then deck 14 (Lido) has access to lots of stuff right there from pools to bars to buffet. I'm sailing in a Lido deck balcony on our next two cruises. They are less expensive, have good access to things, and I have absolutely no issue with being high up and forward. (I love the aft-facing balconies but...)

If you are prone to sea sickness then forward - or even more so high up and forward - may be an issue for you. I am extremely prone to seasickness but I use a patch prescribed by my doctor and, using the patch, I am pretty much immune to getting seasick.

Deck 8 inside will have to be full forward as the other inside cabins on that deck are handicapped cabins. The cabins will be above the Princess Theater and you will likely have noise from the theater activities.

Deck 5 has access to lots of stuff. I would pick a cabin midship near the art gallery area rather than forward on that deck. However, as you specifically stated you are in the IF category that eliminates the mid ship cabins on deck 5.

Given the choices available I would opt for Lido (deck 14). Others may prefer the forward cabins on Plaza (deck 5). For me they may be too close to the theater but I've never sailed in those cabins so can't be sure of any issues.

Edited by Thrak

We book Aloha or Riviera (the last 6-8 inside cabins) depending on the ship.

Why? Because the door to the Lido deck is right there. Gives you access to the Horizon Terrace, Terrace Pool and the Horizon Court Buffet. No elevators, just a couple of stairs and you're there.

Nice replies but please note that the OP stated he was booking the least expensive - IF category - cabin. Not many cabins qualify so I suggested ones that fit the criteria. Heck, I'd like an aft facing balcony or suite but that isn't what was specified. Our first cruise was 10 days SF/Alaska round trip in an IF cabin. It was on Sea Princess so the IF cabin was really, really small. We hit bad weather the first night and the ship was pitching and rolling and the next morning people were bouncing off of walls trying to walk around the ship. Despite these "handicaps" that cruise hooked both of us hard. There's nothing wrong with booking IF and that's what the OP asked about.

Edit: Sorry, don't mean to sound crabby. Back is killing me at the moment.