Need info re cabin and balcony sizes on Anthem, please!

We're long time Celebrity cruisers who have enjoyed our several cruises on RCCL and are planning a cruise on Anthem later this year. We're trying to choose an unobstructed balcony cabin on Anthem and have a few questions about cabin/balcony size from category to category.

According to the website, D8 cabins are 198 sq. ft. with 55 sq. ft. balcony.

Moving up to E1 gets a smaller cabin (177 sq. ft.) but a slightly larger balcony (82 sq. ft.).

Moving up again to D1 gets the same 198 sq. ft. cabin as the original D8 but with a slightly larger balcony (65 sq. ft.).

Going from D8 to E1 costs more to get less cabin space but slightly more balcony space. Then, going from E1 to D1 costs still more to get you back to the original cabin size of D8 with a slightly larger balcony.

Are D8 balconies too small to enjoy? Are E1 cabins noticeably smaller and more cramped? Is it worth moving to D1 for a D8-size cabin with 10sq. ft. more of balcony space?

Also, can a cabin attendant open the glass balcony dividers in the case of two connecting cabins?

Would appreciate any and all information you can provide. Thanks.

D category is larger than E category on ALL RCI ships. Remember, the bathroom space is INCLUDED in that sq. footage...so yes, every bit of space you can get is precious on a ship!

I'd rather have cabin space, as all you generally do on a balcony is sit or stand.....unless you're hosting a party, the balcony space is sufficient!

We are on anthem now in a D8 (8142). Balcony size is good sized with two reclining chairs with footstools and a small table. Cabin size is plenty big enough for two but with the bed by the balcony, there is less than a foot between the bed and curtain when the curtain is closed.

The standard balconies on RCI ships, are really good enough to enjoy your time out there. The larger ones are nice, if you have more than two people on the balcony, so need more chairs or tables.

That said, after having some big balconies, I do try to get the biggest one that I can, for the price of the standard one. I will be in a D6, after booking a balcony guarantee, and when a D6 on the end of the hump came open, I quickly changed to that one, for just a bit more space.

We've stayed in both a D8 and a D1. Cabin size is pretty good for 2 people - the layout and storage in quantum class cabins is very good. We personally loved the bigger balcony of the D1 and would pay extra for it again but the D8 balcony is a perfectly respectable size and would not have a problem staying in a D8 again. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app