1st timer beverage question

beloum

My wife and I will be taking out 1st Celebrity cruise this September and had a question I hadn't been able to find anywhere. Possibly I just overlooked it. I had heard that a bottle of wine per person is allowed to be brought on board. Can anyone verify? Also, is it allowed to take juice, bottled water and soda on board. Wife has some odd favorites and just wanted to make sure what the rules are. Thanks.

My wife and I will be taking out 1st Celebrity cruise this September and had a question I hadn't been able to find anywhere. Possibly I just overlooked it. I had heard that a bottle of wine per person is allowed to be brought on board. Can anyone verify? Also, is it allowed to take juice, bottled water and soda on board. Wife has some odd favorites and just wanted to make sure what the rules are. Thanks.

Yes, you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin onboard with you.

Juice, bottled water and soda too. If they are in a 12pk or a case just put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin with your other luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to add on... The two bottles don't have a corkage fee if opened and consumed in the room. If you take the bottles to a dining room, there will be a corkage fee ($25 each, if I remember). Of course, you could take a glass out of your room and no one knows the difference. Enjoy your cruise!

What do they call the fee if your wine has a screw cap?

And before criticizing screw caps remember that some of the finest wines now come with a screw cap. I tended bar for 25 years including an exclusive resort in Florida) and remember being told" if wine had been created today, cork would not have been the stopper of choice".

Thanks so much for the info. Just a quick followup. Is there any limit for bringing on soda or bottled water? Was thinking of bringing 12 of each

No problem. Bring a full case of each if you like.

• 1 month later...
Yes, you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin onboard with you.

Juice, bottled water and soda too. If they are in a 12pk or a case just put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your cabin with your other luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a limit to the amount of 12pks? I was thinking of bringing 4 boxes as neither of us can have caffeine and love our Caffeine Free Diet Cokes.

...and sticking a luggage tag on each 12pk sounds great but judging from the way I see luggage tossed around, I worry about breakage...:o Thinking of putting them on a small rolling device, like you'd attach to luggage without wheels. Has anyone done this before?

What do they call the fee if your wine has a screw cap?

And before criticizing screw caps remember that some of the finest wines now come with a screw cap. I tended bar for 25 years including an exclusive resort in Florida) and remember being told" if wine had been created today, cork would not have been the stopper of choice".

To answer your first question: paying $25 to open your screw top wine bottle is called "getting screwed"

Also, agree on screw top bottles vs corks. Screw tops probably seal better, thus lessening the chances of the wine being oxidized.

Glad you asked this question. My husband and I also drink soda products that are not offered on the Celebrity cruise line. By the replies to your questions we will carry on enough for a few days until we can stock up at the ports. Hopefully we won't have trouble finding diet dr pepper in Alaska! Thanks.:cool:

I live in Alaska, and yes -- you will find diet Dr. Pepper in our state. Hope you enjoy your visit.

I can remember when Dr. Pepper was only available in Texas. :D