Price drop & "adjustment" to fully paid fare?

BillK400

We are on a Transatlantic in March and justed noted a price drop; $500 lower than what we have paid (have fully paid). We used an online TA. I have noted some comments here that Princess has allowed "re-booking" at the lower price. Is that possible if we have fully paid?

Even considering the hefty OBC we received (and do not expect with the reduced fare), if we are able to get the reduced fare it still puts us ahead about $250. I can think of a lot of ways to spend the $250 on the cruise.

Thanks

I don't see any TAs departing in March (unless you are also taking the preceding Caribbean cruise as a B2B) but all of the current fares for the upcoming TAs from Ft Lauderdale to Europe are marked "Pricing is for new bookings only". So nothing you can do; cancelling and rebooking does not make it "new".

I don't see any TAs departing in March (unless you are also taking the preceding Caribbean cruise as a B2B) but all of the current fares for the upcoming TAs from Ft Lauderdale to Europe are marked "Pricing is for new bookings only". So nothing you can do; cancelling and rebooking does not make it "new".

My mistake, We are leaving the end of March to spend a few days in for Florida prior to the cruise. The cruise leaves 4/2

It would be easy to ask Princess if you can get a price drop or OBC even after final payment. We asked on one of our cruises (past final payment) and were given OBC instead of a price drop.

If you used a travel agent, there's another layer in the way and it will depend on how responsive your travel agent is.

It would be easy to ask Princess if you can get a price drop or OBC even after final payment. We asked on one of our cruises (past final payment) and were given OBC instead of a price drop.

If you used a travel agent, there's another layer in the way and it will depend on how responsive your travel agent is.

Thanks, guess it can't hurt to ask!

Not trying to be overly unsympathetic, but I see this thread over and over. People want to book a room early, get one of the better locations on the ship, and then get the best price offered at the end.

Not once have seen a complaint from someone where the price went way up and they were complaining that the cruise line would not let them pay the extra.

I actually feel (that at least here in North America) the rebooking policy is very generous. Once final booking has passed then I feel the cruise lines are fully justified in not dropping fully paid fares.

Think about it. They may have only 3 or 4 inferior cabins to sell out. The ones left at the end are usually the worst cabins. Are you saying they should drop the price for every single cabin that has sold before that time.

I have employed the strategy others have advised. I have waited until very near sailing date, and managed to get a great deal. I have also watched the price climb and realized I missed out. Can't have it both ways. Make your choice and enjoy your cruise.