Thinking of GV on Star for Wedding

Hi All,

New here, primarily cruising with Royal but found out about the Garden Villa on the Star and I am extremely intrigued!

I am looking to book my wedding for 2018. Would it be possible to have the ceremony inside the Garden Villa and have it decorated? Ideally in the courtyard?

Considering the cost is $25k CAD, I figure NCL would be willing to do what I ask (to a certain point of course lol).

Weddings are done through a 3rd party, I believe its Weddings at Sea. There should be some kind of description on the NCL website at NCL.com

Here is the file for weddings. https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Norwegian_WeddingBrochure_050516.pdf

For $3000 you get the captain to officiate, flowers, a bottle of Prosecco, and dinner at Le Bistro. I am sure if you call the number you can get the information about the decorated GV.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Check out the Garden Villa on the Dawn. The Dawn recently went through a dry dock and the GVs were totally redone and are gorgeous. We spent a week in 14500 in January and it was amazing.

As for the weddings, they are done through a 3 rd party. I got married on the NCL Spirit last April. Are you thinking about getting married on the embarkation day? That is what we did as most of our guests were not sailing with us. The company is Royal Ocean Events and they were very accomodating as I wanted a specific venue. My wedding planner was Pundit and she was wonderful - very responsive to my requests. You can discuss with them what you would like.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lori

Hi All,

I am looking to book my wedding for 2018. Would it be possible to have the ceremony inside the Garden Villa and have it decorated? Ideally in the courtyard?

Considering the cost is $25k CAD, I figure NCL would be willing to do what I ask (to a certain point of course lol).

Absolutely! I got married in the Garden Villa on the Gem. Let me know if you have any questions :)

I love the Dawn's garden villa. Especially the 2 masters and we had 14000 so it had a kitchen and they brought in a blender and all kinds of mixers:)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

14500 has a Wet Bar instead of the kitchen

32381868532_ba040b96f2_b.jpg

If you need to have your ceremony indoors, the living room is quite large. They may need to move the furniture out to make more room.

32493850586_3932f77ae7_b.jpg

32155530650_4e662a4c4f_b.jpg

31690776144_71062fc8d5_b.jpg

31690698144_3081b33ae8_b.jpg

Norwegian Dawn Garden Villa 14500 by Mark Davis, on Flickr

Thanks all for the information and pics! Very helpful!

The GV will be on the Star as I want the Sept 2 2018 Greece Itinerary.

The Dawn renovations look amazing compared to Star. Wow! Much more modern and more mature looking.

I am looking to do the Vow Renewal package in the courtyard.

Chellebells, what package did you go with? I'm assuming the ship's staff decorated the courtyard for you?

I have about 90 on my guest list and most likely 60 will go. The GV looks large enough to fit 100 people on the deck!

All these photos are exciting me even more lol

Thanks all for the information and pics! Very helpful!

The GV will be on the Star as I want the Sept 2 2018 Greece Itinerary.

The Dawn renovations look amazing compared to Star. Wow! Much more modern and more mature looking.

I am looking to do the Vow Renewal package in the courtyard.

Chellebells, what package did you go with? I'm assuming the ship's staff decorated the courtyard for you?

I have about 90 on my guest list and most likely 60 will go. The GV looks large enough to fit 100 people on the deck!

All these photos are exciting me even more lol

I guess the Star will be fine so long as you don't mind significant changes in itinery/drifting at sea/cruise curtailed etc.

I went with the basic package... officiant, music, decorations, cake, bouquet, boutinerre, champagne.

You can definitely fit everyone....and I loved the staircase to come down. Very dramatic lol!

How was the service you received since you had your wedding in the villa? Where did you hold your reception? Were they able to provide lots of alcohol in the kitchen for you and your party?

Service was spectacular! The employees just love weddings.

We did reception at the Garden Villa, between the inside ands outside I couldn't think of a more beautiful spot.

The villa comes with 6 bottles of liquor and any ands all mixers of your choice.

My main advice is you cannot be a control freak as I am. Meaning once you talk to your planner you have no other contact until a week or so before. You have to trust they are taking care of everything. That was almost impossible for me lol.

I brought my music on my iPad and they hooked it up to a bose system for me.

Service was spectacular! The employees just love weddings.

We did reception at the Garden Villa, between the inside ands outside I couldn't think of a more beautiful spot.

The villa comes with 6 bottles of liquor and any ands all mixers of your choice.

My main advice is you cannot be a control freak as I am. Meaning once you talk to your planner you have no other contact until a week or so before. You have to trust they are taking care of everything. That was almost impossible for me lol.

I brought my music on my iPad and they hooked it up to a bose system for me.

This is extremely helpful thanks! I am a control freak as well so I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.

I was wondering about the music/iPad, thank you for mentioning it.

Were you able to choose which day to get married on?